The Student Room Group

Y11 this year...HELP!

Im entering y11 this year,
any advice, tips, or anything i should know before September?!
Reply 1
Good luck with yr11!!

You should try not to worry too much about exams - especially at the start of the year - however you should still make sure that you focus in all your subjects. Always try and do loads of revision for the end of chapter tests (if you have them) as this will really help when it comes to doing your GCSEs.

In terms of when it comes to doing revision I would say that you should print off the specification for your subject and have a look through it. Something that I did that really helped me was to read the specification and grade each topic depending on how much I understood and remembered it - I then made lists of topics with the topics I needed to revise the most at the top. This really helped me to focus my revision (particularly for the sciences) .

Doing loads of exam questions and quizzes also really helps - try and find questions that bring together different areas of the specification as it really helps you in the real exam (as this is what the high marking exam questions are like).

I hope you have a great time in year 11 because as much as it is stressful it can also be really fun!
Use seneca from the start, it was my favourite thing and got me through exams. I'd recommend the cgp workbooks (the white ones) for each subject as it really gets you used to mark schemes and exam questions. Nearer to the exams, try practice papers and mark them yourself - then focus on the topics you got wrong! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest