Terrible AS Level grades, how do I proceed - grades not good for UCAS application

Watch
Andrew C-I
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi There,

I am in a terrible dilemma. I work hard to use my free time effectively however my poor result has shown that it was all a waste. I had bad AS result Chemistry C, Biology E and PE E. Is there a chance that I can go ahead with A2 Level? This result is terrible to apply for Uni. I am at a crossroad. My sixth form says I should repeat year 12. I do not want to do so. I want to work extreme harder to improve my grades in A2.
I have read that some Unis may not accept a 3 year A level study.

I am also thinking to drop PE because I did not do it at GCSE. I am considering taking up Sociology because I did same at GCSE. The challenge here is that I have no AS record for Sociology. My aim is to Uni. Please advice how I can achieve this seemingly difficult decision making issue. Thank you
JessThomas6
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was in a similar boat to you, and my advice would be to finish your A-Levels, take a gap year and apply in the next cycle, with relevant work experience to your course. Looking back, this is what I wish I had done
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check if the unis you want to apply for will accept you doing 3 years at A level and if they will then do the year again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads