The Student Room Group

Resisting year 13 despite uni place

I’ve been accepted to Newcastle University to study my chosen course, yet had my heart set on Durham. It may seem completely mad but does anyone have any advice on what I should do, as in should I resit year 13 to get the grades needed to get into Durham?
The questions you need to ask are, do Durham accept resits, for your course or otherwise, and will the difference between Durham and Newcastle make a material difference in your long term plans with this degree.

Depending on the former, it may be a moot point, and I suspect with the latter the answer is "no", so it will really be dependent on your personal feelings about the two universities, rather than anything else - in which case only you can answer the question.
Original post by artful_lounger
The questions you need to ask are, do Durham accept resits, for your course or otherwise, and will the difference between Durham and Newcastle make a material difference in your long term plans with this degree.

Someone has asked this question to Durham in the Law forum and they said they do accept resits, so it seems likely that they will unless OPs course is even more competitive than Law
Original post by harrysbar
Someone has asked this question to Durham in the Law forum and they said they do accept resits, so it seems likely that they will unless OPs course is even more competitive than Law

Well they don't do medicine any more since they shuffled that off to Newcastle, so the answer is probably then yes (maybe natural sciences-chemistry might be more stringent, since they only have about 100 or so places for that as I recall).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending