The Student Room Group

Which universities will accept these grades???

I want to study physiotherapy at uni, but quite frankly, the chances are looking quite slim. I study English lang, History and BTEC Sport for my A levels and realistically, if I worked to my absolute potential, then the grades I could attain would be B,B, Distinction respectively. If I was to mess up then more likely C,C,Distinction. If i was to get B,B,Distinction, which uni's do you think would accept me, bear in mind I have not chosen a science or even Physical education for that matter. Any help will truly be appreciated :smile:
Original post by ReusCrispies
I want to study physiotherapy at uni, but quite frankly, the chances are looking quite slim. I study English lang, History and BTEC Sport for my A levels and realistically, if I worked to my absolute potential, then the grades I could attain would be B,B, Distinction respectively. If I was to mess up then more likely C,C,Distinction. If i was to get B,B,Distinction, which uni's do you think would accept me, bear in mind I have not chosen a science or even Physical education for that matter. Any help will truly be appreciated :smile:

You should probably check individual requirements for the course, A Level biology or chemistry may be required or preferred.

So your a C grade A-level student. You also have not studied the best A-level choices for physio. Biology & maths would have been more appropriate.

I would say your gonna struggle to get admission at any of the top or mid tier unis for physio. Probably re-sit, and have a look at the ex-Poly unis.

This article on Which? should help, but the kind of uni you're looking at would be at roughly the same level as Sheffield Hallam, as they accept BTEC Sport in place of an A-Level in Bio/PE. You could also potentially look at Liverpool, although they do require at least 1 A at A-Level.
Reply 4
The majority of Universities require A Level Biology or PE. Although some accept BTEC's, they're looking for BTEC Extended Diplomas which are equivalent to 3 A Level's. Look at each University and their entry requirements, I do think you will struggle though, and if Physiotherapy is 100% what you want to do then I would either retake A Level's with more appropriate subjects, or take an Access to Higher Education Course after A Level's.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply