The Student Room Group

Should I get test remarked? GCSE Geography Edexcel A

Hey,

I got my results back and I got 193/256, I'm 5 marks away from a Grade 9 and I am 11 marks above the minimum mark for an 8 and was wondering if it was worth getting it remarked? Like I'm happy with what I got but if I can get better why not try, just don't want to drop my grade lol

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by iBearHQ
Hey,

I got my results back and I got 193/256, I'm 5 marks away from a Grade 9 and I am 11 marks above the minimum mark for an 8 and was wondering if it was worth getting it remarked? Like I'm happy with what I got but if I can get better why not try, just don't want to drop my grade lol

Idk if it is possible but why don't you request for a breakdown of your scores? For example, if you dropped a lot of marks in the longer questions then maybe there is a higher chance it can go up?
It is worth a go; there are a lot of essay style questions that are marked subjectively so there is a good chance of going up a few marks.

And as StelleD said, a breakdown of scores is helpful. I only submitted a remark for paper 1 because I scored lower in that one.
Reply 3
Original post by StelleD
Idk if it is possible but why don't you request for a breakdown of your scores? For example, if you dropped a lot of marks in the longer questions then maybe there is a higher chance it can go up?

Original post by sentry_going_up
It is worth a go; there are a lot of essay style questions that are marked subjectively so there is a good chance of going up a few marks.

And as StelleD said, a breakdown of scores is helpful. I only submitted a remark for paper 1 because I scored lower in that one.

Didn't know you could only get a certain paper remarked, we only got the total marks. I'll email the exam officer but doubt they'll respond until school starts.
Edexcel allow your teachers to access copies of your marked scripts online at no cost, so it might be worth asking your teacher to analyse the scripts to see if there's the opportunity for a remark.
Reply 5
Original post by naem071
Edexcel allow your teachers to access copies of your marked scripts online at no cost, so it might be worth asking your teacher to analyse the scripts to see if there's the opportunity for a remark.

Oh didn't know that. Would it be okay if I wait until school starts (for me starts in about a week)?
Original post by iBearHQ
Oh didn't know that. Would it be okay if I wait until school starts (for me starts in about a week)?

The deadline is 19th September so you should be fine.
Original post by iBearHQ
Hey,

Personally I would say not to bother as 5 marks is a little way off despite it being quite subjective. Wouldn't your school have discussed it with you if they thought it was worth it? As long as you don't hang around you could get a copy of your script first and see what your school thinks - as both you and the school have access to the marks schemes. You might find yourself having to pay if you don't get a positive remark too. Hey! You have a grade 8 and how fab is that??!!! Well done!!
Reply 8
Original post by student424
Personally I would say not to bother as 5 marks is a little way off despite it being quite subjective. Wouldn't your school have discussed it with you if they thought it was worth it? As long as you don't hang around you could get a copy of your script first and see what your school thinks - as both you and the school have access to the marks schemes. You might find yourself having to pay if you don't get a positive remark too. Hey! You have a grade 8 and how fab is that??!!! Well done!!

Haven’t got a chance to actually speak to my teacher, only a brief hello at results day. And yeah I know the 8 is solid but hey, if I have the chance to get something better (and if there’s a low chance of dropping a grade) why not go for it.

Ill speak to my my teacher and see what she thinks when I get back to school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending