The Student Room Group

Will a B in Chinese A-Level affect my application to universities

I am a native speaker but got a B in Chinese A-Level. My predicted grades for A-Levels are A* and A, but I'm worried that the B might affect my applications. Does it count as one of my proper A-Level subject exams? Considering I cannot apply to re-take the A-Level exam, is there any way I can choose to not have this exam result appearing on my record?
How many A-levels are you taking? Universities normally don't consider A-levels in native languages, and usually make offers on the basis of just three subjects if you're taking more, so if you're taking three other subjects I don't think it's likely to make a difference. It might depend on what course you plan to apply to, and where.

You must declare all examination entries and results in your UCAS application, and failure to do so can lead to your application being cancelled.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
How many A-levels are you Thtaking? Universities normally don't consider A-levels in native languages, and usually make offers on the basis of just three subjects if you're taking more, so if you're taking three other subjects I don't think it's likely to make a difference. It might depend on what course you plan to apply to, and where.

You must declare all examination entries and results in your UCAS application, and failure to do so can lead to your application being cancelled.

Thank you so much for replying! I am taking four A-Levels and thinking about applying for Psychology. A stupid question: is it possible in any way for me to apply for cancellation of that result (exam)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending