The Student Room Group

The Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2019-2020)

welcome to the current year 11 thread mark 1 (19/20)!

:party:

It feels so weird writing this, but apparently we're year 11 now? :eek:

I guess that means that all the teachers telling us that 'the years fly by faster than you think' were right all along...

This is the thread to post anything to do with your year 11 life, so feel free to moan, panic, or scream into your computer to your heart's desire. The important thing is, we're in this boat together, so this is the place to post that question you were too afraid to ask a bunch of strangers about or to vent at when something is getting you down, and maybe have some fun along the way!

BUT FIRST - Let's get to know each other!

Here are the age-old questions that have started every y11 thread since the dawn of time...

Spoiler

I'm honestly tired of writing after all that, so I'll introduce myself properly in another post :wink:

have a great year 11 guys!!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i'm going into year 11 and im so scared
Reply 2
Hi, I guess I'm Y11 now :frown:

What subjects have you taken?
- Eduqas English Lit
- Eduqas English Lang
- Edexcel Maths
- AQA Physics
- AQA Chemistry
- AQA Biology
- AQA French
- AQA Geography
- BTEC Enterprise (basically business), finished in Y10 but I don't get results until results day 2020 so I'm counting it

What are your predicted grades?
- English Lit - 6
- English Lang - 6
- Maths - 7
- Physics - 7
- Chemistry - 8
- Biology - 6
- French - 7
- Geography - 7
- Enterprise - Distinction

What do you want to achieve?
- English Lit - 6
- English Lang - 6
- Maths - 8
- Physics -7
- Chemistry - 7 (obvs if I get my predicted of 8 I would be very happy)
- Biology - 7
- French - 7
- Geography - 8
- Enterprise - Distinction

TBH, I would like all 8s or above and 6 or above for English, but I don't want to aim too high and get my hopes up + then be disappointed on results day.

What's the next step after year 11?
Go to sixth form and do Economics, Maths, Further Maths + Physics (or Geography, not very sure) at AS and then I might drop option 3 or 4 (depending on what I do best in) and do Economics, Maths + 3or4 for A2.. Then become an accountant one way or another (see below)

What's the master plan? (university, career plans etc.)
Well, my master plan was to go to Newcastle Uni to do Accounting with a placement at PwC but recently, I've been looking into apprenticeships since I realised that I can get to the exact same spot with the same qualifications without getting into so much debt, meaning that my plans could drastically change. I do know that I definitely want to do accounting/finance since I enjoy it and it's the only thing I feel I will be good at. (read through my gyg for more detail)

How are you feeling about starting year 11?
At the moment, I'm feeling very scared, nervous + stressed but also kinda (weirdly) excited because after this + then A levels my life really begins.. It's very surreal and scary but also exciting.. I think I'm already a mess and exams haven't even begun!! 😂

What do you do outside of school?
Honestly, nothing but Netflix, Youtube and TSR :smile:, ... I'm pretty boring :s-smilie:

Are you doing a GYG Blog this year? (share it below!)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6059800 <--- I started it a few weeks ago but it's for Y11
(edited 4 years ago)
Aww good luck guys! I know you lot will do so well xx
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries

Reply 5

Thanks, you guys'll be a hard act to follow :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by JackFitz
welcome to the current year 11 thread mark 1 (19/20)!

:party:

It feels so weird writing this, but apparently we're year 11 now? :eek:

I guess that means that all the teachers telling us that 'the years fly by faster than you think' were right all along...

This is the thread to post anything to do with your year 11 life, so feel free to moan, panic, or scream into your computer to your heart's desire. The important thing is, we're in this boat together, so this is the place to post that question you were too afraid to ask a bunch of strangers about or to vent at when something is getting you down, and maybe have some fun along the way!

BUT FIRST - Let's get to know each other!

Here are the age-old questions that have started every y11 thread since the dawn of time...

Spoiler

I'm honestly tired of writing after all that, so I'll introduce myself properly in another post :wink:

have a great year 11 guys!!

Heya all, my name is Lya :smile:

What subjects have you taken?
Edexcel Maths (pred. 9)
AQA English (pred. 9 in Lang and Lit)
Edexcel Combined Science (pred. 7, 7)
AQA Geography (pred. 8)
AQA Spanish (pred. 8)
AQA Art (pred. 8+)
Edexcel Drama (pred. 8)
AQA Music (pred. 7)

What do you want to achieve?
I’m aiming for all 9s, which I’m not at all expecting but my theory is that if I work for that, I’ll do better than I would if aiming lower :smile:

What's the next step after year 11?
I want to do A-levels, probably an English, Spanish, Art/Drama and Psycology?

What's the master plan? (university, career plans etc.)
I really want to go to uni but I’m not sure what I want to study yet. My thinking career-wise at the moment is to become a police detective, but I keep changing my mind aha.

How are you feeling about starting year 11?
Extremely nervous and stressed! Panicking quite a lot and already doing loads of revision, ordering loads of revision guides, getting advice from EVERYONE, becoming addicted to searching the internet for any help I can find... oops

What do you do outside of school?
I do a lot of dance but I’m also interested in singing and acting, I go to church and sing there and at my youth group. I have way too many commitments and therefore have no time for anything which will be a massive problem this year!!

Are you doing a GYG Blog this year? (share it below!)
I haven’t started yet but I will post the link when I do :smile::smile:
The class of 2020, has a nice ring to it
Original post by student2004
Hi, i'm going into year 11 and im so scared

I just got my results yesterday. You’ll be fine!! :smile:
Subjects;
Maths
Science
English language
English literature
Media studies
French
History
Art

Predicted grades;
Maths/5
Science/4-4
English language/4
English literature/4
Media studies/4
French/5
History/4
Art/5

What do you want to achieve?;
I want to get a 7 maths and do it for my A levels (5 in everything else)

Next steps after year 11?;
A-levels 😄

Master plan;
Just doing maths in university and I don't know what I want to do just doing what I love 💞🙌🏻

How are you feeling about starting year 11?;
Nervous and scared. Not sure when to start revision

Outside activities;
Hw club
Boccia

Gyg blog;
Whats a gyg blog??
Original post by Starlight15
The class of 2020, has a nice ring to it

As soon as year 7 I loved how it was double digits 😂

I see you everywhere 😄 so popular! 🙌🏻

I'm scared about art I don't think I'll be able to stay focused for 10 hours!! 😓
Original post by Coconutloverxx
I see you everywhere 😄 so popular! 🙌🏻

I'm scared about art I don't think I'll be able to stay focused for 10 hours!! 😓

Nah, I just spend too much time on TSR :wink:

It's 5 hours over two school days and you get breaks, obviously. It's been done before so I'm sure you can. With practice during your mocks, you'll get there. :yes:
Nah, I just spend too much time on TSR :wink:

It's 5 hours over two school days and you get breaks, obviously. It's been done before so I'm sure you can. With practice during your mocks, you'll get there. :yes:

I'm working at a 4/5 yayy 😓 dumb person.. 👏🏻 one of my mock exams works for art 👍🏻

Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm excited/ frightened at the same time if that makes sense?
Original post by saltae
I'm excited/ frightened at the same time if that makes sense?

It's completely normal.. trust me so am I 😂
I'm working at a 4/5 yayy 😓 dumb person.. 👏🏻 one of my mock exams works for art 👍🏻

Attachment not found

It's beautiful :gah:

You will get there. Have a positive mindset and all will be well. :h:
It's beautiful :gah:

You will get there. Have a positive mindset and all will be well. :h:

Haha, thanks easier said than done 👏🏻😂
Original post by saltae
Did any of you guys do the speaking and listening test because if you have, do you have any tips as im a not so confident person
:frown:

Omg it went terrible!! I don't speak to many people!! Only said 3 out of 8000 words 😅

I did have all the correct notes so it was me 😓

As for you it should be fine and if it's not wish you luck my French teacher had me wrote her a note why I don't speak ended up giving then running out classroom 😂 it was mocks in July
Reply 19
Omg it went terrible!! I don't speak to many people!! Only said 3 out of 8000 words 😅

I did have all the correct notes so it was me 😓

As for you it should be fine and if it's not wish you luck my French teacher had me wrote her a note why I don't speak ended up giving then running out classroom 😂 it was mocks in July

omg i feel so bad but what i was actually mentioning was the english one. Did you manage to do it yet?

Latest