The Student Room Group

Music GCSE Solo piece

Hello, I'm trying to find a song that is challenging but isn't too hard and can get me top marks for my solo piece. For your information, my voice range fits mezzo-soprano. Do you have any suggestions?
Reply 1

Heya i took music as an extra GCSE and because my music teacher wanted me to do well i recieved a lot of advice.

For my solo piece i thought id need something with alot of range but he adviced me the oposite he said the nore consistant the song was the better.

This doesnt mean choose something boring but just dont stress about finding one with key changes or high notes like Maria.

In the end he gave me Mary did you know and i recieved a 9. I also sang the greatest shownman song never enough and recieved an 8 so if you want 2 songs maybe try those x
Original post by Eugenie.2004
Hello, I'm trying to find a song that is challenging but isn't too hard and can get me top marks for my solo piece. For your information, my voice range fits mezzo-soprano. Do you have any suggestions?
Original post by J I

Heya i took music as an extra GCSE and because my music teacher wanted me to do well i recieved a lot of advice.

For my solo piece i thought id need something with alot of range but he adviced me the oposite he said the nore consistant the song was the better.

This doesnt mean choose something boring but just dont stress about finding one with key changes or high notes like Maria.

In the end he gave me Mary did you know and i recieved a 9. I also sang the greatest shownman song never enough and recieved an 8 so if you want 2 songs maybe try those x

Thank you, I will definitely try those :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest