Why is the number of atheist increasing day by day? Watch

nanachan123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has life changed for you after you stop believing that there is a creator? did it make you a better person?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nanachan123)
Has life changed for you after you stop believing that there is a creator? did it make you a better person?
I've always been an atheist. There is no logic to believing in a God or religion, it doesn't make sense. People are realising that more and more now.
A Copulation?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because elite institutions want to separate people from their roots and tradition and just enslave them to FIAT money.
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve never really been into god, or religion, but I think that has been really good for me. Most religions support the view that we will have an afterlife, and advocate the idea that service to the religion will allow access to heaven, or something like it. I think this reduces the value people place on their lives, and encourages them to do things because the religion says it will help them in the afterlife, rather than because people actually enjoy doing them. If you know there is no coming back, no second chances, no god to impress or fail, then you value the life you have so much more, literally every second counts, because you only have a finite amount of time, and the things you do you do because they make you happy, not because they make some made up man in the sky happy.
ElNiñoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When I was young I always thought god was a story like the tooth fairy and Santa, even back then I could see it was just illogical.
Fuego1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
because no one can physically prove that a God exist. logic, evidence and reasoning trumps blind faith in an ideology
MediocreSince01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I can find no evidence that God exists. Therefore, I am an Athiest.
username4878202
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm less of an atheist and more of an agnostic, I was brought up very religious but it never really connected with me personally, fair play to those does though.

I wouldn't say it has made me better or worse as a person. Though I do feel isolated now from the people I share the closest social and cultural ties with. I don't' feel like I belong to any social group anymore
Last edited by username4878202; 3 weeks ago
Fermion.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Umair_B_K)
I'm less of an atheist and more of an agnostic, I was brought up very religious but it never really connected with me. I wouldn't say it has made me better or worse as a person. Though I do feel isolated now from the people I share the closest social and cultural ties with. I don't' feel like I belong to any social group anymore
Can totally relate to this
JamesManc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes I float above everyone god-like
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With every birth, a new atheist is born. It's only when the child has been indoctrinated/manipulated that they leave the proud brotherhood of atheists.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Less bigoted than half the good Catholics I know, so there's that
Ben878 (LfL)
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Daily life did not (noticeably) change for me from the transition from theist to agnostic

I think there are more atheists because people today see there is no day to day concrete evidence for God (or concrete evidence for the labels put on God by religion) and that’s not good enough reason to believe

I still value religion and philosophy (mainly Christianity and some eastern ones, Daoism, Buddhism) because I feel it has good wisdom and tells us certain things about our condition
Last edited by Ben878 (LfL); 3 weeks ago
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because most Christians are in their 60's (at least) and too old to have children.
jas149
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably because science is starting to dominate people's ideologies. I've always been an atheist simply because there just isn't much evidence of an existence of God
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
never have, never will - the idea that people are required to take their moral compass from a dusty centuries old book is absurd
Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They say more and more people are becoming atheist; is a sign that the world is very nearly coming to an end.
People no longer being religious, the increase in mass shootings, wars, other offences, being LGBT, time going very fast, relationships where people are marrying their own siblings, apparently these are all signs that the world is coming to an end!!!

This is subjective, if you believe it fair enough, if you don't that's also cool.
euphrosynay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it didn't make much difference for me to begin with when i first stopped believing there was a creator - though i could breathe a bit easier not having to worry that someone was watching me all the time - but it becomes more apparent as i learn more; i'm freer to learn about science without needing to find some way to accommodate the creationism i'd been told to believe, i'm able to think people can make changes in the world (and i really need that hope now), and when i'm faced with criticism of my sexuality i'm fortunate not to think that because people condemn it, such a creator hates me or made a mistake, but instead that it's the people themselves that are the problem
Pigster
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Science now has answers for many questions which used to only have the answer "God dun it" to.

There doesn't need to be a God no more.
QueenOfFabulous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m not an atheist but I wish I was. I was raised Catholic and I sometimes get a reality check when my parents say some quite... intense things.
I feel like I could live a freer and happier life if religion wasn’t present in my life, I’m not very religious anymore and I stopped going to church long ago but it still has an impact on me.
My parents would be horrified if they knew how many of my friends are LGBT. I’ve nearly gotten in serious trouble before for defending LGBT people. I know not all are like that, but it definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I can’t agree with the church’s official view. (Also I feel like my mom only uses religion when it’s convenient for her to do so, she’s not very religious like my dad)
That’s my experience anyway, one of my friends is religious and goes to a church which accepts LGBT people for the most part.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (155)
24.37%
Pop (156)
24.53%
Jazz (26)
4.09%
Classical (37)
5.82%
Hip-Hop (113)
17.77%