Yiling_Patriarch
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone know whether there is a scientific practical I could do and write a 3000 word report on regarding factors that affect cell growth?

ARE there any factors that affect cell growth?

Or would a topic more closely related to my dream uni course (paramedic practice) be a better choice? Possibly a dissertation on medical ethics or the development of paramedical technology?
Last edited by Yiling_Patriarch; 1 year ago
Dhll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yiling_Patriarch)
Does anyone know whether there is a scientific practical I could do and write a 3000 word report on regarding factors that affect cell growth?

ARE there any factors that affect cell growth?

Or would a topic more closely related to my dream uni course (paramedic practice) be a better choice? Possibly a dissertation on medical ethics or the development of paramedical technology?
There are indeed many factors that affect cell growth, look up proto-oncogenes. These are genes that when mutated lead to increased cellular growth and proliferation. A good example would be c-myc/ras/src.
Not sure on a practical but the rous sarcoma virus injects v-src causing increased cellular growth. It's quite complex but I'm willing to help if you want.
I don't have any examples of practicals you could do as agents that cause increased cellular growth tend to be tumorigenic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads