The Student Room Group

No Gcses

i’m 16 which means that teenagers my age are starting college. I just moved from another country which made everything harder i don’t know what to do i don’t have any gcses, grades or anything. My english is good and i speak,read and write but it’s not enough i still need gcses. I’ve applied in multiple colleges and i’m supposed to start level 1 but i heard that u need to have your gcses to start university and i also heard that it’s going to take a long time doing all the levels. Im thinking about maybe doing my gcses but i’m scared to fail them so i don’t know what to do can someone give me advice please.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lola0000003
i’m 16 which means that teenagers my age are starting college. I just moved from another country which made everything harder i don’t know what to do i don’t have any gcses, grades or anything. My english is good and i speak,read and write but it’s not enough i still need gcses. I’ve applied in multiple colleges and i’m supposed to start level 1 but i heard that u need to have your gcses to start university and i also heard that it’s going to take a long time doing all the levels. Im thinking about maybe doing my gcses but i’m scared to fail them so i don’t know what to do can someone give me advice please.

You need to be studying level 2 which is GCSE equivalent.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
You need to be studying level 2 which is GCSE equivalent.

Will the universities accept level 2 and can i proceed to level 3 without gcses?
Original post by Lola0000003
Will the universities accept level 2 and can i proceed to level 3 without gcses?

You need level 3 for university - most places will require level 2 qualifications before you can take level 3.

Quick Reply

Latest