The Student Room Group

Heart attack?? Help

So basically a few days ago I had some throbbing in my chest. I thought it was just normal so passed it off. It was a bit of pain like something going on but it lasted for like 10 seconds max and happened like 3 times. But this doesn't happen anymore. Now I feel like I have something in my chest but it's not pain and it feels weird. Also my heart rate is constantly fast for a while. Maybe this is just due to anxiety? I have been stressed for the past 2 weeks just sitting at home not doing any exercise whatsoever so is this due to stress or do you think there is a bigger problem and I should get it checked out? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

100% see a doctor
Why do people take to a forum for potentially serious problems? Get yourself checked out ASAP FFS...
Reply 3
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Why do people take to a forum for potentially serious problems? Get yourself checked out ASAP FFS...

Because I'm a student?
Reply 4
Original post by inattentional
100% see a doctor

You think I should phone the hospital? Cos GP is closed til monday
Honestly I would, especially if your chest feels off right now, but you will probably end up waiting in A&E for hours
Better sat in A&E tho than to have a random heart attack or let an underlying heart problem get worse
Original post by mansnothot
Because I'm a student?

....that's relevant how? It's still a forum and you're still asking for advice from people who are unqualified to answer instead of getting yourself checked by a professional for something as potentially serious as cardiovascular problems.
Reply 7
Original post by inattentional
Honestly I would, especially if your chest feels off right now, but you will probably end up waiting in A&E for hours
Better sat in A&E tho than to have a random heart attack or let an underlying heart problem get worse

I'll just go gym and wait until Monday. It's probably due to no exercise thanks tho
I'll just go gym and wait until Monday. It's probably due to no exercise thanks tho

If it’s a heart condition exercise could worsen it. I STRONGLY recommend seeing a medical professional
It also depends on other factors such as age , weight , past medical history etc . the pain caused by heart attack is very charecteristic tho , but if u suspect something serious , you should definitely contact your GP

Haha why did you bother asking lol. Obviously people were always gonna say hospital - they're not going to take responsibility for diagnosing it as nothing via the internet!
So basically a few days ago I had some throbbing in my chest. I thought it was just normal so passed it off. It was a bit of pain like something going on but it lasted for like 10 seconds max and happened like 3 times. But this doesn't happen anymore. Now I feel like I have something in my chest but it's not pain and it feels weird. Also my heart rate is constantly fast for a while. Maybe this is just due to anxiety? I have been stressed for the past 2 weeks just sitting at home not doing any exercise whatsoever so is this due to stress or do you think there is a bigger problem and I should get it checked out? Thanks

If you're concerned phone 111 for medical advice. If you genuinely thought you were having a heart attack, you wouldn't be consulting unqualified people online.
Yeah I have been eating oily things I beleive. But I'm not even obese or anything. If anything I'm skinny. So I try to eat on top.
Original post by SAPPHIRE368
It also depends on other factors such as age , weight , past medical history etc . the pain caused by heart attack is very charecteristic tho , but if u suspect something serious , you should definitely contact your GP

Yeah I will thanks. I'm still a teen tho, healthy weight for my age (60 kg) no past medical history so its confusing.
You're fine. It's probably a mini heart attack, it happens to everyone.
Oh no, I’m having a heart attack, let me just ask some unqualified people on an internet student forum if I’m having one or not.

See how stupid that sounds? Highly doubt you had a heart attack otherwise you wouldn’t be on here. Next time just phone 111 or 999 if you’re worried.
Original post by Fermion.
Oh no, I’m having a heart attack, let me just ask some unqualified people on an internet student forum if I’m having one or not.

See how stupid that sounds? Highly doubt you had a heart attack otherwise you wouldn’t be on here. Next time just phone 111 or 999 if you’re worried.

Oh wow thank you. I didn't know a student asking for help on a student forum would be a bad idea. :smile:
Oh wow thank you. I didn't know a student asking for help on a student forum would be a bad idea. :smile:

Err of course it is? Especially when it’s to do with a potential serious medical incident? That none of us are qualified to answer!
Original post by T-seriesTSR
You're fine. It's probably a mini heart attack, it happens to everyone

ring 111 they have professional call handlers who will advise you far better than anyone on here. Sometimes you can pop your intercostal. Other times it can be heartburn but ring them they can advise you further.
Original post by swanseajack1
ring 111 they have professional call handlers who will advise you far better than anyone on here. Sometimes you can pop your intercostal. Other times it can be heartburn but ring them they can advise you further.

yeah thanks I'm doing the online 111 nhs thing so hopefully it can guide me thanks

Quick Reply

Latest