The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Is Lancaster or york considered a better uni?

Original post by alicesmith1628

Hi Alice,
This really depends what you mean by 'better'. What's important to you when going to uni? What are you going to be studying?
Let me know if you have any questions that I can help answer!
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Lancaster obviously
Original post by alicesmith1628

Hi there,

Both York and Lancaster are great unis. I'd personally recommend York having recently graduated from there, but I'm a bit biased. It really depends on what's right for you.

A couple of questions for you:
Have you attended open days for either?
What course are you going to be studying/applying for?
What kind of uni would you prefer (e.g. campus vs city)?

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have and sorry for the delayed reply!

Steph :h:
(Psychology Graduate and Communications Ambassador)
Lancaster
Lancaster.
Neither... they're in the same tier to the vast majority of employers. Very close substitutes.
lancaster by a mile hun
Original post by Patagonia
Neither... they're in the same tier to the vast majority of employers. Very close substitutes.

oh please. lancaster is 7th on the league tables and york is 30th.

the two are widely far apart.
Original post by cheerIeader
oh please. lancaster is 7th on the league tables and york is 30th.

the two are widely far apart.

You should start critically evaluating league tables, then come back with that argument and see if you can keep a straight face.

Next you're going to say that Lancaster is better than UCL, Warwick, Edinburgh, Bristol etc. because it's higher...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Patagonia
You should start critically evaluating league tables, then come back with that argument and see if you can keep a straight face.

Next you're going to say that Lancaster is better than UCL, Warwick, Edinburgh, Bristol etc. because it's higher...

Oh please. Lancaster is clearly better than York.
Original post by Diplomatic

I would be interested to know how best to evaluate as I have heard this about league tables before which is really annoying as it’s an easy resource!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending