Official Thread: Graduate Entry Medicine 2022 Entry Watch

tjm0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all,

I'm a new poster on the student room and I am also well in advance - so please be kind!

I know I'm pretty early but I thought I'd make a thread for GEM 2022 applicants. Due to the timing of this thread being pretty early on I'm not expecting a huge amount of traffic for a few years, but it's time will hopefully come!

If you're interested in applying for the 2022 entry please feel free to introduce yourself with any information you deem relevant (degree, work experience, grades etc etc).

I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Thomas, I'm 19. I've just finished my 1st year of my "BSc Hons Human Biology". I've finished it with an average of a low 1st class (although it doesn't get recorded). I've got a few jobs at the moment. I work as a key support worker for hospital outpatients through university term time. During term time I also lifeguard and teach swimming to younger kids and teens; from this experience I've started up my own swimming business focusing on children with mental and physical disabilities. In future over summer I hope to get a part time job as a HCA for clinical experience.

At the moment I plan on applying to St Andrews, Nottingham, Liverpool and other GAMSAT universities.

Feel free to message me and reply to the thread if you're in a similar situation to me and we all can make friends and share info!

I've got a few questions myself so if anyone feels fairly qualified to answer please do!

-Can you take the GAMSAT twice and chose your best grade? If so is it time/finance worthy?
-Any general GAMSAT tips - I've just started to look into it and it is very overwhelming with a lack of resource?!
-Any idea what the 'questionnaire' involves that some unis hand out?

Thanks guys!
ferrus_manus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We haven't even done 2021 yet...
tjm0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
there's actually a thread for the 2021 application! as I said I'm fairly early so not expecting much. nevertheless thanks for the reply!
Country Roads
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
- You can take the GAMSAT up to two times in one year and yes your best grade is used. It's worth it because it opens up more medical schools and is also a back up if the UCAT/BMAT goes tits up.
- There are loads of resources. The tricky thing is finding the more useful and relevant resources. There are quite a few TSR threads and guides which basically all say the same thing. I suggest following the 2019/2020 GAMSAT threads.
- It's usually work experience related.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?