Top diverse/multicultural Uni’s in London

Watch
That1Girl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I’m going to study in London for the 2020 academic year and want to go in a uni there where I’ll feel accepted and no indifferent because of my background.

So, what Universities in London are most welcoming to international students in terms of statistical ethnicity figures or any other relevant forms of information you guys may have, thank you so very much.
nells45581
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
London is a very diverse place. There are many people living there who were born in a different country to the UK, and to whom English is a second language. If you're in London, in general, you needn't worry about feeling "different". However, I would say it is a very bad idea to choose your university based on those kinds of statistics; you should instead think about which course looks most attractive, and which is suitable for you based on your performance at school. There is no point in "feeling accepted" if you are just going to drop out because the course is boring or too difficult.
stabilo20619
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
London is the most multicultural place in the UK, caucasians are almost a minority in some areas of the city lol.

And the university student demographics reflect this. I have no statistics but I just finished a MSc at Imperial and it was full of international students and I hear the same for UCL, Kings etc., so you really have have any issues IMO.
username4911280
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Almost every London uni is extremely diverse. As the posts above have highlighted, it's one of the most multicultural cities in the world and is seen as an international hub for foreign students to come study. You have schools like SOAS who pride themselves on their multiculturalism, but I'd say any of the main London unis are decent - LSE, Imperial, Kings, UCL, Queen Mary's etc.
Mariogunder
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say london is diverse in general. Although good reputation universities e.g LSE, KINGS, IMPERIAL tend to attach international talent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.06%
No - I have already returned home (21)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (35)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.47%

Watched Threads