The Student Room Group

Free-standing Mathematics Qualifications (FSMQ) question

Does anyone know when this exam is due to be phased out/scrapped? I got an FB memory of a Maths retake I did 4 years ago which reminded e I never got around to doing this.

It was about a decade ago I did my GCSE's and had planned on self studying Alevels and doing a GCSE retake for uni, with the FSMQ a prep for alevels, but they proposed loads of changes a little while after my exam and I was put off my the complicated nature of it all, including the pulling of certain exams along with scrapping modular alevels.

I can see one is still on the OCR website and people are still doing the exam but is there any expected changes or is it planned to be withdrawn?

If I do do it, I likely won't be doing alevels afterwards, but more than likely use it as a prep for OU MST124 as I'm a little bit rusty.

Thanks
I just did the OCR FSMQ this year and they actually just updated/changed the syllabus, so i don’t think there are any immediate plans to withdraw it. I think the changes just added some content to adjust it against the reformed GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending