Saffron08
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What do you do with an asian parent????? Mums white and dads brown and they r both VERY strict!!!!!
aaslam12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry can you elaborate wdym what do you do?
Saffron08
Rep:
?
(Original post by aaslam12)
Sorry can you elaborate wdym what do you do?
Sorry 😂 they just want good results and are really strict. I do not have any socials, am not aloud out by myself, no contact with boys, I went out with my friends 6 months ago. I dont know how to cope with them being so strict
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does he beat your mum like George Khan did in East is East.
Saffron08
Rep:
?
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
No 😂
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
that's v unrealistic lol
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Think it probably comes from care and wanting their children to succeed but often not careful with the pressure placed.

Saffron08
Rep:
?
Yh, I guess so. Thank you!
aaslam12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Saffron08)
Sorry 😂 they just want good results and are really strict. I do not have any socials, am not aloud out by myself, no contact with boys, I went out with my friends 6 months ago. I dont know how to cope with them being so strict
Ok first of all I know where ur coming from my parents are also strict. I was under a LOT of pressure for my GCSES yet I still didn’t work hard ngl but managed to get all As and A*s ( inc a 9) in my GCSEs this year so yes I made them very very proud and they are soo happy which is smth I NEVER expected. They were so so over the moon. And I’m not allowed contact with boys but I do have friends that are boys in class which is normal rlly. You can do it honestly you’ll get thru it. And I rlly don’t know what to say about the friends part , how old are you? If u don’t mind ( also I’m a girl just saying x)
sunny_01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
just a phase, it passes or at least gets better. once you get into uni, try to move out and it'll make all the difference in the world. i have strict parents and this is what i did, they were angry at first but then they came around, and now i have much more freedom even when im at home. butttttt i wouldn't have been able to move out if i hadn't gotten good grades, so make sure you do ur best in school
Saffron08
Rep:
?
Thank you!
BuckHowls
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I agree with the other users. Your parents just want you to do really well in your studies so that you can have a successful future. My parents stopped being strict once I went to university. It doesn't last forever.
Saffron08
Rep:
?
My sisters 23 and has got a degree, she is not aloud out much at all.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
My sisters 23 and has got a degree, she is not aloud out much at all.
Honestly, parents just want their children to do well and have a good future. And now we may not understand but when we age and have out own children we will understand. They want us to do well; not for them but for ourselves.
It's all simply love and security.
byeongkwans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I made all my social media secretly when I was younger and just had notifications off. I wasn’t really even allowed out alone, until I was like 16. Boys aren’t worth the stress when you’re young anyway, just wait until you’re more mature. All I can say is do your best to behave and get good grades. Build up trust with them and then slowly ask to go out with friends more.
Last edited by byeongkwans; 3 weeks ago
QueenOfFabulous
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My plan is to save as much money as I can and cut them off but I would not recommend. 😂 My parents (not Asian - brown mom and white dad) track my every step and there are other reasons which mean that I feel like I have little choice but to cut them off.
If I go outside I sometimes have to lie about who I’m going out with/lie about their gender and I have default backgrounds/lock screens on any devices I have with notifications always turned off. Strict parents would usually be fussed about their daughter getting a boyfriend but my mom is desperate for me to get one so I have someone to “protect” me (also, she wants proof that I’m straight). I’m staying home for uni so my parents will still be all up in my business - my mom wanted me to stay home so she can be all up in my business smh. But I am allowed way more independence than I was 2 years ago, but it’s not much by average standards. Hoping they’ll calm down a bit more. I know my mom wants the best for me and all that but we have different ideas of what that is.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Honestly, parents just want their children to do well and have a good future. And now we may not understand but when we age and have out own children we will understand. They want us to do well; not for them but for ourselves.
It's all simply love and security.
honestly strict parents think they're teaching you how to behave but really they're teaching you to lie on the spot, manipulate someone to calm down, how to appear busy and how to listen for footsteps. i hope this generation grows up to actually listen to their children and their emotions instead of forcing their own rules and opinions on them.
syrup!
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What do you do with an asian parent????? Mums white and dads brown and they r both VERY strict!!!!!
tbh i relate bares
strict parents is the reason I use this site

(Original post by Enzo.Montana)
Honestly, strict parents are just a bunch of tyrannical *****
don't chat about other peoples parents
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Enzo.Montana)
Honestly, strict parents are just a bunch of tyrannical *****
Honestly.. I didn't know anyone can be this stupid until i saw your post.
Every parent has their own way of parenting.. Have you seen the amount of depression and stress young kids are getting from socials? I have never been out with freinds tbh... I always go with the fam... I dont have strict parents but it doesnt mean I have the right to talk crap about them.. neither do you... ok, you dont agree with their methods.. there are civil ways... do you even know what a Tyrant is?😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.59%
Pop (164)
24.59%
Jazz (26)