The Student Room Group

Philosophy, history and politics

Hi, I need help
I don’t know if I picked the correct A levels
I want to do history at university but I’m scared that I picked really hard A level (particularly philosophy) because they are all really heavy with content
Should I change philosophy to sociology or psychology
Although I do have an interest in philosophy but I’m just scared I won’t be able to do as good in my final a level exams because there will just be too much content
My GCSE results were
8 in history
8 in citizenship
7 religions studies
6 English lang + lit
Reply 1
There will be a lot of content whichever A levels you do, hence why you narrow down to 3-4 subjects. The GCSE results you've posted suggest you're pretty good at humanities.
Ask yourself whether you're interested enough in sociology or psychology to take one of them over philosophy. There's nothing worse than trying to work hard at and do well in a subject you don't really like.
Speak to the school/college where you'll be doing your A levels for a bit of advice.
Your choices sound like a decent combination.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
There will be a lot of content whichever A levels you do, hence why you narrow down to 3-4 subjects. The GCSE results you've posted suggest you're pretty good at humanities.
Ask yourself whether you're interested enough in sociology or psychology to take one of them over philosophy. There's nothing worse than trying to work hard at and do well in a subject you don't really like.
Speak to the school/college where you'll be doing your A levels for a bit of advice.
Your choices sound like a decent combination.

Thank you very much
I do like religious studies but I’m unsure about a 3 hour exam
I’ll ask my sixth form if I can change to sociology in September and if not then I’ll just work my hardest with the A levels I have already confirmed
Reply 3
We're almost subject twins!
I'm going to be doing history, politics and psychology for A-level
Reply 4
Original post by lucy.a.a
We're almost subject twins!
I'm going to be doing history, politics and psychology for A-level

Yayyyyyy!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest