nasrin4h
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, if anyone here has done A level biology or psychology would you mind giving your experience of studying biology/psychology in terms of workload, exams etc. Would you recommend others to study biology/psychology ? Thanks.
Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I studied Psychology at Alevel. It was my favourite subject by far!!! There is a lot of content and so many case studies you have to memorize, but if you are good at memorizing you'll be fine!
Just make sure you start learning the content earlier, and do not leave anything until the last moment because believe when I say it will be impossible for you to learn everything on time!
You have 3 exams for Psychology. And in the exams you have maybe 1/2 16 marker essays.
And you also get 4 and 8 markers too along with a few 1/2 markers and sometimes you get a few multiple choice questions put in the exams too!
I didn't do biology alevel but did it last year in my foundation programme at uni- Biology too has a lot of content!

But as long as you revise from the beginning and are good at memorizing, you will be fine!

All the best!
ijustwannapass22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did both biology and psychology.
For biology (i did aqa) i would say the workload is a lot but it's definitely manageable and it's one of those subjects you have to keep on top of because otherwise you'll forget the content. The content you learn in biology is not that hard but the exams are difficult because of the strict mark schemes.

Psychology, specifically ocr psychology, also contained a lot of content but it was mostly memorising case studies. If you have a good memory and you know how to structure the questions, then you'll be fine tbh.
nasrin4h
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alisha999)
Hi,

I studied Psychology at Alevel. It was my favourite subject by far!!! There is a lot of content and so many case studies you have to memorize, but if you are good at memorizing you'll be fine!
Just make sure you start learning the content earlier, and do not leave anything until the last moment because believe when I say it will be impossible for you to learn everything on time!
You have 3 exams for Psychology. And in the exams you have maybe 1/2 16 marker essays.
And you also get 4 and 8 markers too along with a few 1/2 markers and sometimes you get a few multiple choice questions put in the exams too!
I didn't do biology alevel but did it last year in my foundation programme at uni- Biology too has a lot of content!

But as long as you revise from the beginning and are good at memorizing, you will be fine!

All the best!
Thankss a lot for the response it was very helpful !
nasrin4h
Rep:
?
(Original post by ijustwannapass22)
I did both biology and psychology.
For biology (i did aqa) i would say the workload is a lot but it's definitely manageable and it's one of those subjects you have to keep on top of because otherwise you'll forget the content. The content you learn in biology is not that hard but the exams are difficult because of the strict mark schemes.

Psychology, specifically ocr psychology, also contained a lot of content but it was mostly memorising case studies. If you have a good memory and you know how to structure the questions, then you'll be fine tbh.
Thanks for the reply it was very useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed