I'm 17 years old so where can I get GCSE in England?

Watch
LauraKu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I am 17 years old. I came from Europe this year to UK. I only have Basic education from my country. Now I want to get Secondary education. The GCSE. I know that in UK people get 15-16 years old their GCSE in school. But I'm 'too old' for school, so where should I go.
I went to a college, but they can offer me only 3 GCSEs (English, Maths and Science). I want to get more GCSE, at least 5 subjects.
So where can I get more subjects of GCSE. I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
college
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
or you could take them externally, but that would probably require tutoring unless you could self teach.
If possible, you could get your English and Maths GCSE and then get AS and/or A levels
LauraKu
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemima0103)
college
But there is only 3 GCSE subjects that I can study. I don't want to study any courses, because I don't know what profession I want to study.
LauraKu
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemima0103)
or you could take them externally, but that would probably require tutoring unless you could self teach.
If possible, you could get your English and Maths GCSE and then get AS and/or A levels
Okay, thanks for your help
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LauraKu)
But there is only 3 GCSE subjects that I can study. I don't want to study any courses, because I don't know what profession I want to study.
A Maths and English GCSE is often required at C/5 grade for access to jobs and A levels.
If possible you could skip to A levels, depending on the level of education you already have
sunny_01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you can't find colleges that willlet you do 5 gcse your next choice is to do them online. there are plenty of online schools that offer tuition through skype. i have a friend who did online school for her a levels and she ended up getting As and A*s. only downside is, it is expensive, and for gsce they're not that difficult so you might be able to self teach, but if you don't want to take that risk then you should consider online schools.
LauraKu
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunny_01)
if you can't find colleges that willlet you do 5 gcse your next choice is to do them online. there are plenty of online schools that offer tuition through skype. i have a friend who did online school for her a levels and she ended up getting As and A*s. only downside is, it is expensive, and for gsce they're not that difficult so you might be able to self teach, but if you don't want to take that risk then you should consider online schools.
Yeah, I may do it then online. Thanks for a good idea
sunny_01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I may do it then online. Thanks for a good idea
anytime, if you want i could ask her for the names of the online schools she used if you do end up deciding on doing your gcse's online
LauraKu
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunny_01)
anytime, if you want i could ask her for the names of the online schools she used if you do end up deciding on doing your gcse's online
That would be great, if you could ask your friend and send me the names of the online schools. Thanks
10yearslate
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's probably worth doing the maths and English GCSE at college anyway seeing as they're usually free when you don't already have them. That, and maths/English are the only ones that are absolutely necessary for further study
LauraKu
Rep:
?
(Original post by 10yearslate)
It's probably worth doing the maths and English GCSE at college anyway seeing as they're usually free when you don't already have them. That, and maths/English are the only ones that are absolutely necessary for further study
Yeah I decided to go to college and do the maths, english and science. And other subjects I will do online. Thanks for your replay
10yearslate
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I decided to go to college and do the maths, english and science. And other subjects I will do online. Thanks for your replay
You're very welcome. Best of luck in your studies
sunny_01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That would be great, if you could ask your friend and send me the names of the online schools. Thanks
hello sorry for the late repy, she used Oxford Advanced Revision and Wolsey Hall Oxford, both for her A Level and she got As and A*s so they should be good at teaching GCSE as well. Good luck w your studies
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You get get them from city colleges and online
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (34)
29.06%
No (83)
70.94%

Watched Threads