How do I make flashcards for A levels?

Watch
AHB54321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m taking Biology; Chemistry and History. I’m unsure on how to make flashcards because I never made them for GCSEs properly. I just copied the dense revision guide notes, instead of condensing them, which was very unproductive and time-consuming .

My problem is, that I read that you should write a question on the front and an answer on the back. However since my a levels are so content heavy, I don’t understand how I can do that to cover everything effectively, and will just have so many flashcards. Should I just write the information on one in summary form instead,.

Any suggestions or advice will help?

aaslam12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
someone pls reply to this ^ x
Silver_fireworks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think the best thing you can do is place the most heavies content like diagrams, drawings or labeling information that require a lot of space on a large A3 paper this helps you summarize everything you can use the flash cards to write the question cover and place it on the A3 sheet where you wrote the related notes for it you can you both sides for questions and you only have one full A3 for many answers.

or you can simply use a larger paper for the cards like half an A4 usually fits quite a lot of info that’ll end up with less flash cards.

Hope it helps.
Silver_fireworks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  B786E337-48B1-4A7D-8278-2414069B452D.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  110.4 KB This is one way I use instead of flash cards to cover my studies using a few sticky notes so I only need to write once and I can revise the full lessons again
sorry if the pictures quality is bad
^ from the previous reply
Last edited by Silver_fireworks; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads