1rish1ad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
Hope you can help.

I am having difficulty, regarding information, I have been received, and what exactly do I need to do.

So, basically, I am applying as a home student, because I am form the Irish republic and meet the 3 years residence I can apply for home funding, only eu country with can apply after 3 years.

Heres the the thing, I applied last year to do year1 foundation degree year1 in busniess and mangment, I have completed, that year as a EU student, and now decided to withdraw and re-apply as a home student.

On section 5, it asks about previous courses I stated mine, but not sure did I receive a qualification as its only 1 year in my foundation degree.

I am now, going to be doing year1 busniess and mangment with accounting and fianace year1, will this effect my funding.

I know, if I transferd into year1 there was no issues, but now because of its a new application, I am just wondering will there be any.
Amy SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 1rish1ad)
Hi guys,
Hope you can help.

I am having difficulty, regarding information, I have been received, and what exactly do I need to do.

So, basically, I am applying as a home student, because I am form the Irish republic and meet the 3 years residence I can apply for home funding, only eu country with can apply after 3 years.

Heres the the thing, I applied last year to do year1 foundation degree year1 in busniess and mangment, I have completed, that year as a EU student, and now decided to withdraw and re-apply as a home student.

On section 5, it asks about previous courses I stated mine, but not sure did I receive a qualification as its only 1 year in my foundation degree.

I am now, going to be doing year1 busniess and mangment with accounting and fianace year1, will this effect my funding.

I know, if I transferd into year1 there was no issues, but now because of its a new application, I am just wondering will there be any.
Hi there,

Have you applied on a PN1 form?

If you only done 1 year of the Foundation Degree you would of not gained the full qualification however; if you have had previous had funding for 1 year this will be taken into consideration when calculating your entitlement.

Thanks, Amy
1rish1ad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Amy,
Thanks, for your reply.
Yes, understand, it will take my "grace year" away, which form what I was told its 3 +1-1 which means I still have 3years of funding on a 3 years course.
Is that the correct information I been given ?.
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Amy,
Thanks, for your reply.
Yes, understand, it will take my "grace year" away, which form what I was told its 3 +1-1 which means I still have 3years of funding on a 3 years course.
Is that the correct information I been given ?.
Hi,

Yes that is correct if your course is 3 years long then your calculation would be 3 + 1 - 1 = 3 years entitlement remaining, therefore this would cover the duration of your course.

Thanks, Amy
1rish1ad
Rep:
?
Thanks again Amy,

How long does it normal take to be tranafer, over form a EU finance to Home finance.

The EU team, have received my withdrawal, but waiitng on them to cancelling it fully.
In the meantime, I have send in my evidence and a PN1 fourm, will, this effect my application, or will the assessment team, be able to asess it anyways?.
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks again Amy,

How long does it normal take to be tranafer, over form a EU finance to Home finance.

The EU team, have received my withdrawal, but waiitng on them to cancelling it fully.
In the meantime, I have send in my evidence and a PN1 fourm, will, this effect my application, or will the assessment team, be able to asess it anyways?.
You're welcome

Just to clarify if you want to apply for a Maintenance Loan you would need to apply as a Migrant Worker. Will you or a family member who is also an EU National be working throughout your studies?

Thanks, Amy
1rish1ad
Rep:
?
I don't need to apply as a migrant worker.
I meet the 3 years residence within the UK.
Ireland has a different criteria meet.
This, is why I have withdrawn so I can then apply as a home student not a returner.
If, I didn't withdrawn then I would apply for a migrant worker, as I am a returner.
Well, I am over 25 years old, family doesn't count.
Duncan SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks again Amy,

Hi,

The transfer process can take up to 10 working days. Sending in the PN1 form/evidence won't effect your application in any way, we should be able to review this for you still.

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (21)
6.03%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (203)
58.33%
No (124)
35.63%

Watched Threads