The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I have feelings for a friend from my course, however he's in a relationship. I can't help but compare other guys to him now and none of them seem as good as he is or show as much of an interest in me as they probably think I'm too quiet and I'm generally not that good at talking to guys. I don't know what to do as near enough everyone around me has been in a relationship before or is in one now and nobody ever likes me in a non-platonic way
Have a little respect and move along. Distance yourself from them if necessary.
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie_1712
Have a little respect and move along. Distance yourself from them if necessary.

Thanks, I do have respect for their relationship and obviously wouldn't want to interfere with it, I've just been finding it difficult to move on from him
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, I do have respect for their relationship and obviously wouldn't want to interfere with it, I've just been finding it difficult to move on from him

Then distance yourself, it always works but may be difficult at first 😄
Get more practise at talking to guys. Some people are naturally good at it. Most have to work at it. You are in the majority.

Interpersonal skills, listening and saying the right things at the right time in the right way are highly important in the modern world.

For any person in a relationship, you have to convince them that they are better off ending their current relationship and starting one with you. That can be a hard sell.
It's much easier starting a relationship with someone that's single. But then again, the best catches don't tend to stay single for long.

Quick Reply