The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford Uni or Man Met for Biomedical Science?

I have an unconditional offer to study Biomedical Science at Salford Uni and I could possibly get through clearing at MMU. Which University is better for this course and why? I have been to both open days and I like the look and feel of Salford a lot better but many people are telling me MMU is better as it has a higher ranking. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Hi Anon!

Congratulations on your unconditional offer with us!

I personally did not study Biomedical Science, however, my student experience as a whole at Salford has been incredibly rewarding and fun. We have a couple of posts on our Made in Salford blog where we have spoken to students who have studied Biomedical Science and/or have taken part in relevant placements. We recommend you read these as it might help you with your decision:

An interview with Biomedical Science student Farah:
https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-salford/2018/03/23/bsc-biomedical-science-farah-saddique/

An interview with Biomedical Science student Zahra, who is doing a placement at the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital:
https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-salford/2019/07/04/vital-placement-experiences-meet-zahra/

If you have any more questions you can reach us on our Twitter at @salforduni

Hope this helps!

Helena
Student Social Media Assistant
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have an unconditional offer to study Biomedical Science at Salford Uni and I could possibly get through clearing at MMU. Which University is better for this course and why? I have been to both open days and I like the look and feel of Salford a lot better but many people are telling me MMU is better as it has a higher ranking. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

I'll be starting my third year of biomedical science at salford uni. I honestly have loved the past 2 years in this university and wouldn't change a thing. The staff are really helpful and are available most of the time if you need any help/guidance. The timetable is also good as you have plenty of free time to catch up on lectures. Its also really easy to get to if you're not planning on living on campus as the salford cresent train station is right next to the uni.
Reply 4
Original post by sabxht
I'll be starting my third year of biomedical science at salford uni. I honestly have loved the past 2 years in this university and wouldn't change a thing. The staff are really helpful and are available most of the time if you need any help/guidance. The timetable is also good as you have plenty of free time to catch up on lectures. Its also really easy to get to if you're not planning on living on campus as the salford cresent train station is right next to the uni.

Thanks for your reply, i decided to go to MMU because it had a slightly higher position on the University league tables and it was much easier to get to than Salford for me. I'm glad you have had a really positive experience at Salford, may I ask how did you do in your A levels and what do you plan to do after graduating? Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending