The Student Room Group

Late Maintenance Loan Details from Sponsors - Am I buggered?

I'm about to enter my second year of undergraduate study and I've just realised that I'll recieve considerably less maintenance loan than last year. This is because my student finance assessment didn't take into account my parent's household income as they failed to respond to email requests for financial evidence (they aren't the most tech savvy). I've only just now realised this and I've contacted my parents urging them to respond to the emails.

I'm slightly miffed as the amount I'm set to recieve this year isn't enough to cover my rent. I could still make ends meet with my part-time job but obviously i'd prefer to have more financial wiggle room (and to be able to afford to eat something besides porridge and tinned toms)

Assuming my parents do get back to Student Finace with the necessary evidence, will I recieve the additional money I'm entitled too, even if it's late? Or have I missed the cut-off point and will I just have to make do?

Thank you for reading
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi Phil,
Your parents can complete the paper PFF2 form http://ow.ly/XPNy30nPkhK and send this through the pose. As a general timescale it can take up to 6 weeks to process this. If you only receive the basic finance when you start university then once your parents details have been processed, it is possible for you to receive a backdated payment with money owed to you.

For example, if you receive a basic payment on the 20/09/2019 and your parents details were assessed on the 23/09/2019, then you would expect a second payment at the end of September.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending