Will79
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone think that 8 more marks is possible to get me from a 3 to a 4 in English or do you know anything about people going in for a remark
Issyob
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Will79)
Does anyone think that 8 more marks is possible to get me from a 3 to a 4 in English or do you know anything about people going in for a remark
I would recommend the remark, especially as you are so close to the passing grade boundary. There’s no harm trying as you have a high grade 3, so even if you get marked down the likelihood of your grade going down is very low.
Davy611
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eight marks is still quite a lot and it's only just above half way in the grade boundary. Give it a go if you want (or if the school will fund it) but be prepared for disappointment. Have you been working at a higher level over the last year?
Will79
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t see how I would be disappointed if it went down as I have already failed so I think it’s worth a shot I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard a 3 been turned into a 4 by around 8 ish marks ??
xY.mpj.Tx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m looking to get mine remarked , not sure how many marks I got but want to get from a 5 to a 6 . Rule of thumb is usually <5 marks for essay subjects and you’re good to go. Although I feel safer when I’m 3 away
cloud_9_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its worth a shot coz u have nothing to lose and on the 40 markers u may get more marks if u have a nice marker
Davy611
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You know what you wrote. Do you think it was a 5?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads