The Student Room Group

English GCSE AQA Remark

So I have an issue. I got a 5 in English Lit and Lang- which I dont know if I truly deserved, and Im getting a remark. I was one mark of a 6 in both exams. I am scared that they are going to lower my grade because I dont think I deserved a grade 5.
:frown:((((((((((
Reply 1
If you’re at the top end of a 5 and they do lower your marks you won’t drop down to 4s. I can see you getting 6s being that close to getting them.
Original post by A26C
If you’re at the top end of a 5 and they do lower your marks you won’t drop down to 4s. I can see you getting 6s being that close to getting them.

Wait, so do they see the comments that the previous examiner had written, or do they see my paper as an unmarked one- and mark it completely based on their own opinions of my work ( if ygm ) ?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
I presume an unmarked one but even so I don’t think your marks will differ dramatically as all examiners have had the same training unless something reallllly dodgy has gone on xD
Original post by A26C
I presume an unmarked one but even so I don’t think your marks will differ dramatically as all examiners have had the same training unless something reallllly dodgy has gone on xD

Do they see my mark? Sorry for the tonne of questions. Thank you for your replies. :smile:
Original post by Archjana
Wait, so do they see the comments that the previous examiner had written, or do they see my paper as an unmarked one- and mark it completely based on their own opinions of my work ( if ygm ) ?

Are you with AQA? If so then it's a 'Review of marking', meaning they look at the previous examiners notes and marking, and will enevitably see what mark you were given.
I also got 1 of a 6 in english literature and am getting remarks. One very important thing for you to consider is which paper you think will gain you the most marks (potentially). You have untill the 19th of September (with AQA at least) to request for a review of marking so AT FIRST REMARK THE PAPER YOU THINK YOU WILL GAIN THE MOST MARKS WITH!!!! If you get the 6 then great! You can ignore remarking the other paper and not worry about losing marks and going back down to a 5. If you don't gain marks and lose a small amount, you can still have the other one remarked if you would like to.
Another option is to buy copies of your paper back, if possible. Then you can get a teacher to look at them and decide which paper you did best in!!
I am only blindly remarking one of my literature papers, because I know I did way better than the mark they gave me. If this isn't the case for you then try and look at your other options such as I have given you above.

Quick Reply

Latest