sergeantp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've done my gcses and am overwhelmed and so so happy with my results, but these results are making it so much harder for me to pick my a levels. I went into school on results day with a few of my a levels in mind and was then hoping that my results would help me decide on the rest. But guess what, I got the same result in every single subject so now I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here! I'm not the sort of person in life that sticks to one thing forever and loves It. I love all my subjects and it's the differences in these subjects that keeps me entertained, so is their a career path that matches people like This? I don't know. I'm just a bit stuck and would love some friendly advice or encouragement. At the moment, I'm thinking of taking maths, further maths, French and chemistry but am not satisfied with this option. Any ideas on where to go from here?
A26C
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good subjects I’d suggest if you’re an indecisive person is English (either one) and maths as the spectrum of jobs and degrees you can find by taking these subjects is very broad. I’d rate chemistry any day as it’s one of my favourite subjects and by taking maths too it can take you good places. I’ve just finished my GCSEs and don’t really know what I want to do in the future but decided on taking maths, chemistry and English lit. I think what you’re debating at the moment are perfectly acceptable and well respected subjects. Go with your gut.
sergeantp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by A26C)
Good subjects I’d suggest if you’re an indecisive person is English (either one) and maths as the spectrum of jobs and degrees you can find by taking these subjects is very broad. I’d rate chemistry any day as it’s one of my favourite subjects and by taking maths too it can take you good places. I’ve just finished my GCSEs and don’t really know what I want to do in the future but decided on taking maths, chemistry and English lit. I think what you’re debating at the moment are perfectly acceptable and well respected subjects. Go with your gut.
Thank you!! English seems like such a good option, so I am now trying to narrow down my options for a levels to fit it in.
H201401
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sergeantp)
I've done my gcses and am overwhelmed and so so happy with my results, but these results are making it so much harder for me to pick my a levels. I went into school on results day with a few of my a levels in mind and was then hoping that my results would help me decide on the rest. But guess what, I got the same result in every single subject so now I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here! I'm not the sort of person in life that sticks to one thing forever and loves It. I love all my subjects and it's the differences in these subjects that keeps me entertained, so is their a career path that matches people like This? I don't know. I'm just a bit stuck and would love some friendly advice or encouragement. At the moment, I'm thinking of taking maths, further maths, French and chemistry but am not satisfied with this option. Any ideas on where to go from here?
Chemistry and Further maths open many doors; of course you’d want to be doing something you love but you should also be aware of how much that a level has got to offer in terms of jobs available and the quality of the job.
Chemistry and further maths can be challenging yet french seems to be less strenuous and balances the two out which may seem like a good fit however of course it’s down to your comfort.
I would recommend maybe taking maths along with further and chemistry as it’s a very popular combination and allows students to succeed in varying professions and it’s a pride in itself tbh. A a chemistry student in year 13 from my experience chemistry is difficult yet one of the most valuable a levels a person can own if they work really hard and get an amazing grade- honestly the satisfaction afterwards is so breathtaking!
Best wishes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads