The Student Room Group

breaking up with bf for uni

so at the end of our a levels me and my bf agreed that we would break up when we go off to uni in September since we are going to separate ones nearly 3 hours apart but now hes having second thoughts and has said he wants us to try and carry on but I am dead against it because I want to go to uni single, I do feel guilty as I do love him and he is my first person I been with but I feel I will find it easier to be social if we split up, anyone got advice?
If you are happy to leave him just so you could be single when you join uni, then you never truly loved him
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If you are happy to leave him just so you could be single when you join uni, then you never truly loved him

I don't know just all my other girl friends are breaking up with their blokes because they are going to uni and have told me to do so as well
so at the end of our a levels me and my bf agreed that we would break up when we go off to uni in September since we are going to separate ones nearly 3 hours apart but now hes having second thoughts and has said he wants us to try and carry on but I am dead against it because I want to go to uni single, I do feel guilty as I do love him and he is my first person I been with but I feel I will find it easier to be social if we split up, anyone got advice?

you did the sensible thing. stay friends with him and you can pick up in the future maybe.
I don't know just all my other girl friends are breaking up with their blokes because they are going to uni and have told me to do so as well

You know you don’t have to do what your friends are doing, right...?

If you’re willing to happily break up with him so you can fulfill your wish of being single then you never truly loved him. He was essentially just an ego-place holder until other options appeared eg. Going to Uni.
**** carousel inc
Reply 6
you did the sensible thing. stay friends with him and you can pick up in the future maybe.

yeah I said to him when we break up we can still be friends at least, I guess I just want to make the most of the time we have left
you want to break up with him so you can try other c0cks you slut
Reply 8
really? you don’t love him lmao
yeah I said to him when we break up we can still be friends at least, I guess I just want to make the most of the time we have left

I don't understand why people like you wait till uni to break up with someone when blatantly you want to be single, how can you possibly enjoy the time left knowing you are going to break Up. If I was him I'd dump you now because you have no loyalty and you are giving up before even trying.

So you’re a sheep?
what was the point in getting into a relationship in the first place if you knew you wanted to go to uni single?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending