English Language - 6
Maths - 6
History - 6
Business - 6
Biology - 5
Chemistry - 5
Physics - 4
DT - 4

I have enrolled in a new school, where I chose to do English Literature, History and Economics. My worries are that because I didn't to as great as I was expected to in my GCSEs, I might not do better at A levels because I lost my confidence.
If I keep working hard and do get great results, do you think I can get into a top uni?
I've always been interested to go to LSE and do Law, but now I'm not so confident about it anymore...
Reply 1
Original post by rafahm
Hello!! I got my GCSE results 2 days ago, and I got

Italian - 9
Spanish - 8
English Literature - 7
English Language - 6
Maths - 6
History - 6
Business - 6
Biology - 5
Chemistry - 5
Physics - 4
DT - 4

I have enrolled in a new school, where I chose to do English Literature, History and Economics. My worries are that because I didn't to as great as I was expected to in my GCSEs, I might not do better at A levels because I lost my confidence.
If I keep working hard and do get great results, do you think I can get into a top uni?
I've always been interested to go to LSE and do Law, but now I'm not so confident about it anymore...

Trust me if your A level and LNAT grades are amazing then they will not care about your GCSE grades. Or, if you don't do well on your Alevel then you could do a degree in something else and then qualify in Law

So many people have horrible GCSEs but have had great outcomes so just breathe because you are going to be fine
Reply 2
Thank you!! :smile:
The odds are not in your favour -- when you look at LSE and around that tier.

Even with a decent LNAT grade and A*AA predictions.
Reply 4
Original post by Notoriety
The odds are not in your favour -- when you look at LSE and around that tier.

Even with a decent LNAT grade and A*AA predictions.

Do you mind expanding on your answer?
Original post by rafahm
Do you mind expanding on your answer?

LSE is super picky. Those grades aren't great.

Plenty of decent unis will have you presuming you improve when it comes to A-Levels.
Reply 6
Original post by Notoriety
LSE is super picky. Those grades aren't great.

Plenty of decent unis will have you presuming you improve when it comes to A-Levels.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending