The Student Room Group

Still haven't met anyone......

Before starting uni I decided I was ready to meet someone and settle down but I hadn't met anyone then. Most people told me I'd meet someone while at uni but I never did. Well I did a couple of months ago but nothing ever came of it because we were both to shy to say something. I'll be graduating next year but I'm starting an MA next month. I doubt I'll meet anyone during my MA either. When I finish my MA I'll be 28 and will probably still not have found anyone. Sigh. I feel like I'll never meet anyone. Most people meet someone by their mid twenties or before but I'm I'm 27 and still haven't. I want to meet someone before I'm 30 but that isn't likely to happen and then it'll be too late, no one will want me when they can have someone younger.
Original post by Anonymous
Before starting uni I decided I was ready to meet someone and settle down but I hadn't met anyone then. Most people told me I'd meet someone while at uni but I never did. Well I did a couple of months ago but nothing ever came of it because we were both to shy to say something. I'll be graduating next year but I'm starting an MA next month. I doubt I'll meet anyone during my MA either. When I finish my MA I'll be 28 and will probably still not have found anyone. Sigh. I feel like I'll never meet anyone. Most people meet someone by their mid twenties or before but I'm I'm 27 and still haven't. I want to meet someone before I'm 30 but that isn't likely to happen and then it'll be too late, no one will want me when they can have someone younger.

mate don't ever think like that 'no one will want me when they can have someone younger' shhh stop being so harsh on yourself. You just need to be more confident in yourself, if you feel things are going well with someone or your building a good rapport with them, just ask them out cmon whats the worst case scenario eh? they say no? well that's life, trust me its normal to get rejected. If ur so worried then get a dating app or something, or just stop stressing trust me stressing is not an attractive trait. So just calm all ur senses and make the first move
if this helped ur welcome x
Nooo. Of course youll meet someone. You're still so young and your studies have taken priority over relationships. There is no way on earth you won't meet somebody, everybody finds somebody eventually, you don't need to worry about that, you'll have the pick of them all once you complete your MA and have so much to offer the right person. Trust me, you'll meet someone when the time is right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending