I want to become vegan/vegetarian but I'm not allowed..... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I love animals and when I eat meat/fish/ eggs etc I hate myself because I think about the poor animal who had to die. I'm ok with drinking milk as cows aren't killed in the process and I need milk everyday because without it my bones become weak and start to crack. I want to become a vegetarian. I can't be vegan because I need milk in my diet. I have to eat what my mum cooks which is often meat. I doubt she'd let me become vegetarian and if she did what would I eat to make up the protein?
lyalucy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I love animals and when I eat meat/fish/ eggs etc I hate myself because I think about the poor animal who had to die. I'm ok with drinking milk as cows aren't killed in the process and I need milk everyday because without it my bones become weak and start to crack. I want to become a vegetarian. I can't be vegan because I need milk in my diet. I have to eat what my mum cooks which is often meat. I doubt she'd let me become vegetarian and if she did what would I eat to make up the protein?
I’ve had a similar issue with my parents. They are much more supportive now, but when I first said I wanted to be vegetarian it took us a while to come to an agreement. Eventually my mum agreed to cook vegetarian food and add the meat at the end for the rest of the family except mine, and that worked well. However my brother and sister have become veggie too since so we generally eat a lot less meat now that half the family refuses to eat it
SeanLaurentParis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How old are you?

Could you learn to cook?

A lot of parents won't let their kids make big lifestyle changes like that at a young(er) age, usually they think it can poorly affect their development.
Mike172
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Cook your own meals then.
it'snotthecounty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I love animals and when I eat meat/fish/ eggs etc I hate myself because I think about the poor animal who had to die. I'm ok with drinking milk as cows aren't killed in the process and I need milk everyday because without it mHy bones become weak and start to crack. I want to become a vegetarian. I can't be vegan because I need milk in my diet. I have to eat what my mum cooks which is often meat. I doubt she'd let me become vegetarian and if she did what would I eat to make up the protein?
How old are you, are you in/about to attend university? I had wanted to follow through with a vegetarian diet for an awfully long time and was finally able to do so when I attended university.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, so i am in a similar situation. I think it would be difficult for my mum to cook different foods for me but she wouldnt have a problem with it as long as i told her exactly which foods to make. She says that vegetarian diets are less nutritional. Does anyone have any vegetarian foods that are highly nutritional that i could tell my mum to make for me? Thanks
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This article is helpful : https://www.wikihow.com/Convince-You...e-a-Vegetarian

It's ultimately your diet and I don't know the ins and out of your life but your bones won't crack without milk!😆https://www.vegansociety.com/resourc...rients/calcium

The cows are repeatedly artificially insemimated to produce milk and usually have their calves taken away from them(they are ussualy used for veal) and then the dairy cow is slaughtered once it no longer is of any use.
https://veganrabbit.com/the-issues/t...-dairy-is-bad/
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I want to be veggie too and my parents are like no. I’m nearly 18 so I don’t know what to do
byelovaries
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try to phase the idea in gradually, ask if she can cook a meal that "just so happens" to be without meat. The idea might seem preposterous at first, but then they'll get used to it. I'm 18 and I've been vegetarian since February, my parents didn't like it at first but now they're actually helpful with what I can have to eat (they do occasionally try to convince me to have meat, but that can't be avoided).

You can always start cooking meals for yourself, it's a good skill to have before you move away to uni or somewhere. If your mum point blank refuses, you could even try leaving the meat on your plate.

As for protein, have eggs or beans and pulses. You can look up a bunch of "superfoods" online that can help you to replace meat, mostly leafy greens.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, so i am in a similar situation. I think it would be difficult for my mum to cook different foods for me but she wouldnt have a problem with it as long as i told her exactly which foods to make. She says that vegetarian diets are less nutritional. Does anyone have any vegetarian foods that are highly nutritional that i could tell my mum to make for me? Thanks
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...thy-vegetarian

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...n/quick-veggie

There are also lots of meals we already cook that are veggie or can be made veggie!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...thy-vegetarian

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...n/quick-veggie

There are also lots of meals we already cook that are veggie or can be made veggie!
Thank you so much
rjckk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm glad you and thread starter love animals.
Are you boy or girl? How old are you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.82%
Disagree (5)
4.9%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.37%
Agree (40)
39.22%
Strongly Agree (16)
15.69%

Watched Threads