The Student Room Group

Are these convos strange? Is he interested?

He's the doctor I work with and sometimes when I talk and look him in the eye he has trouble holding my gaze and can't keep eye contact, fidgets when I'm around and talking to him like with his mug or napkin and just tries to busy himself and acts confounded then other times i feel like a totally different person where he shows nothing at all and talk to me like normal. So I can't figure out this confusing behavior, does he like me or not? Seems like two different people. . The other day we were talking about a patient and before we started looking into it he said you know that patient asked me out for drinks, i said oh you should go and he said no she's my patient it's inappropriate and she's 10 years older. Then he asked about my test (i'm also applying to med school) I said I wanted to wait to study and apply next year then he said okay but what will you do within the year? He said you can say you're shadowing a surgeon (him) I said well that's a given, then he gave me more advice. There was also a time where he said I"m your boss and my look changed, he smiled and said you didn't like that did you. I said no he said I know, because no one can say anything to you, not even your man and smiled and looked down smiling and looking down. I said yes he has to respect me because i'm strong and he said yes but you have to lower your walls ( i was shocked he even had noticed i had walls). I said yes I don't let anyone in because no one's on my level he said I know I have walls too because no one's on my level either. I said then why are you telling me to lower my walls, he said because I'm working on mine too. So this latter convo I don't know if it was just him telling me to "calm down" and be more approachable in workplace or personal convo? Today I went to ask him about a supplement for my mom he gave me advice about it, then asked about my neck which I had mentioned that I would see him for but didn't say anything more. I had told him I was going to see him as a patient and he could use my ins he said ok but I never did. SO he asked again and said i could bring my mri and he'd look at it ( i said you can use my ins he insisted not, and told me to sit down ( i just went to ask the q and leave). Then we talked then receptionist said a rep was there to see him he said he couldn't see her now. Then told me she was one of those girls that are done up, with lots of makeup, asking to go for drinks. I said girls asking for drinks. He said now girls are the guys. I said how do you feel? You don't have to try. He said well I never had to try much looking down and smiling. I said woww well me nither that's why i'm so confident and strong and he laughed/smiled wide looking down.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how many times do you need to ask this? christ
Original post by gjd800

I guess they call this being blinded by love.
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800

Sorry reason why i ask is some day she talks as if nothing at all. That's what confusing me.
Reply 4
Ghj
Stop posting this. I don't think he likes you. It's quite obvious when a guy likes a girl. If you're still wondering whether he likes you, he probably doesn't.
I was thinking of some advice for you until I stumbled across the applying to med school sentence. Is it me or does it imply you're under 18? If so then drop this matter from your mind at the instant and set your focus on your studies and future. Good Lord why doesn't he find a lady in his age and life stage?! He's established himself, you still are on the way. It's your choice now to define what to prioritise and go for.
He don't like you but we love you so win won
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Stop posting this. I don't think he likes you. It's quite obvious when a guy likes a girl. If you're still wondering whether he likes you, he probably doesn't.

well at imes i notice he does and others not.
Reply 9
Original post by TheMadNerd93
I was thinking of some advice for you until I stumbled across the applying to med school sentence. Is it me or does it imply you're under 18? If so then drop this matter from your mind at the instant and set your focus on your studies and future. Good Lord why doesn't he find a lady in his age and life stage?! He's established himself, you still are on the way. It's your choice now to define what to prioritise and go for.

no i'm 29 but applying to medical school
Original post by liamilia5
no i'm 29 but applying to medical school

Ok then, let me advise you to try not to overthink his approaches and what he may be insinuating, as the persistence of doing so would most likely distract and disorient you from the essential task you are at the hospital for. I suggest to simply let things go flexibly and not overtly interpret every single sentence, gesture, voice tone or gaze he conveys to you. Be yourself and be friendly with a taste of wit and professionalism. My advice to you regarding getting your priorities straight is - I think - still valid here, I hence would like to emphasise on it.

Spoiler

Reply 11
she fancies him, hence the ten thousand posts from multi accounts about the same silly tale

TL;DR: 'oh a doctor fancies me'
He's the doctor I work with and sometimes when I talk and look him in the eye he has trouble holding my gaze and can't keep eye contact, fidgets when I'm around and talking to him like with his mug or napkin and just tries to busy himself and acts confounded then other times i feel like a totally different person where he shows nothing at all and talk to me like normal. So I can't figure out this confusing behavior, does he like me or not? Seems like two different people. . The other day we were talking about a patient and before we started looking into it he said you know that patient asked me out for drinks, i said oh you should go and he said no she's my patient it's inappropriate and she's 10 years older. Then he asked about my test (i'm also applying to med school) I said I wanted to wait to study and apply next year then he said okay but what will you do within the year? He said you can say you're shadowing a surgeon (him) I said well that's a given, then he gave me more advice. There was also a time where he said I"m your boss and my look changed, he smiled and said you didn't like that did you. I said no he said I know, because no one can say anything to you, not even your man and smiled and looked down smiling and looking down. I said yes he has to respect me because i'm strong and he said yes but you have to lower your walls ( i was shocked he even had noticed i had walls). I said yes I don't let anyone in because no one's on my level he said I know I have walls too because no one's on my level either. I said then why are you telling me to lower my walls, he said because I'm working on mine too. So this latter convo I don't know if it was just him telling me to "calm down" and be more approachable in workplace or personal convo? Today I went to ask him about a supplement for my mom he gave me advice about it, then asked about my neck which I had mentioned that I would see him for but didn't say anything more. I had told him I was going to see him as a patient and he could use my ins he said ok but I never did. SO he asked again and said i could bring my mri and he'd look at it ( i said you can use my ins he insisted not, and told me to sit down ( i just went to ask the q and leave). Then we talked then receptionist said a rep was there to see him he said he couldn't see her now. Then told me she was one of those girls that are done up, with lots of makeup, asking to go for drinks. I said girls asking for drinks. He said now girls are the guys. I said how do you feel? You don't have to try. He said well I never had to try much looking down and smiling. I said woww well me nither that's why i'm so confident and strong and he laughed/smiled wide looking down.

Its hard to tell but you do seem to have good banter and are comfortable around each other. I don't understand why he dosent ask you for drinks himself, he made it clear that he dosent seem to approve of women asking the guys. You should have joked 'what would you say if i asked you out for drinks' see his reaction then you will get your answer if he fancies you if he makes some bull**** excuse you know he isnt interested.
Reply 13
Original post by chikane
Its hard to tell but you do seem to have good banter and are comfortable around each other. I don't understand why he dosent ask you for drinks himself, he made it clear that he dosent seem to approve of women asking the guys. You should have joked 'what would you say if i asked you out for drinks' see his reaction then you will get your answer if he fancies you if he makes some bull**** excuse you know he isnt interested.

He can't because he's the doc I work for
Reply 14
Original post by gjd800
she fancies him, hence the ten thousand posts from multi accounts about the same silly tale

TL;DR: 'oh a doctor fancies me'

you didn't answer me earlier. Why is it sometimes it's on and off. You said if he liked me i would be able to tell.
Reply 15
you didn't answer me earlier. Why is it sometimes it's on and off. You said if he liked me i would be able to tell.

I have answered you about 12 times. Because people are awkward.
He can't because he's the doc I work for

So why are you overanalysing your conversations? So what if he talks to you in a certain way one day and another day he is totally different. He may like you but wont admit it and he clearly dosent like girls who are upfront and bold.
Original post by gjd800
I have answered you about 12 times. Because people are awkward.

The answer to this question is that he wont ever admit to liking her as she works for him plus he dosent like girls who are bold enough to ask him out. I dont see it going anywhere except in her dreams.
Reply 18
Original post by chikane
The answer to this question is that he wont ever admit to liking her as she works for him plus he dosent like girls who are bold enough to ask him out. I dont see it going anywhere except in her dreams.

well he knows i'll be leaving for school so not going to be working there forever
Reply 19
Original post by chikane

based on what you read does it sound like he does like me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending