The Student Room Group

It’s just a rough patch

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly five months now and the past week or two has been... well we’ve had better times. We only see each other in person once, twice a week if we’re lucky. And sometimes it’s once every two weeks. And so we’ve been FaceTiming every day for a lot of our free time this summer. I loved it, I still love it, but it’s been getting quite monotonous. Both of us are more easily irritated with each other on calls and neither of us are really enjoying them. It just seems as if we’ve somehow gotten into different wavelengths. When we’re together though, everything’s perfect. We’re always happy and smiling and enjoying each others’ presence. It’s seemingly obvious that phone calls are just not something we look forward to anymore, but how could I make them more enjoyable. We both love each other so much and we fear that this may just get worse. This is my first “serious” relationship, and his as well, and any advice I could get would be incredibly helpful and I would be very grateful. L
Stop talking on the phone for a while. It obviously isn't working for either of you so stop trying to force it to.
Original post by Lyricist
My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly five months now and the past week or two has been... well we’ve had better times. We only see each other in person once, twice a week if we’re lucky. And sometimes it’s once every two weeks. And so we’ve been FaceTiming every day for a lot of our free time this summer. I loved it, I still love it, but it’s been getting quite monotonous. Both of us are more easily irritated with each other on calls and neither of us are really enjoying them. It just seems as if we’ve somehow gotten into different wavelengths. When we’re together though, everything’s perfect. We’re always happy and smiling and enjoying each others’ presence. It’s seemingly obvious that phone calls are just not something we look forward to anymore, but how could I make them more enjoyable. We both love each other so much and we fear that this may just get worse. This is my first “serious” relationship, and his as well, and any advice I could get would be incredibly helpful and I would be very grateful. L

Don’t phone each other between seeing each other? Text/message all you want but just save the face to face time for when you’re actually together. You might find you have more to catch up on as well.

Well if you actually talk to each other about these issues you might actually have a chance at finding a solution
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan
Well if you actually talk to each other about these issues you might actually have a chance at finding a solution

We have been talking to each other about them but neither of us know how to fix it or why it’s even happening
We have been talking to each other about them but neither of us know how to fix it or why it’s even happening

Maybe cut down on the calls then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending