The Student Room Group

r my grades good enough for oxbridge??

Okay so i know this thread is overdone but are these grades good enough?
Im honestly not happy with them as i done better in my mocks.
I was struggling with my mental health and was hospitalized a few days before exams and i let with myself down cos i ended up revising for 80% of the exams the night before but I am going to work so hard for a levels:

Chemistry: 9
English lang: 9
Biology: 8
Physics: 8
English Lit: 8
History: 8
RE: 8
Maths: 8 (off for remarking)
German : 7
Psychology: 7 (got a 9 in mocks)

I was thinking of either doing medicine, biochem or just biology
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
yes
Reply 2
Original post by esrever
yes

Thanks but how about for medicine at oxbridge????? cos i heard that you need 10 a stars but i only have 8....
And also is it easier to apply for oxford med or cambridge med???
Original post by Athenaxx
Thanks but how about for medicine at oxbridge????? cos i heard that you need 10 a stars but i only have 8....

Oxford

Look at the stats here https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics

Oxford gets almost twice the number of applicants per place, and applicants have slightly higher BMAT scores so its not like the standard is lower. The offer for Oxford would be A*AA, whereas Cambridge A*A*A, but that's not usually relevant.
Original post by Coconutloverxx
Oxford

Erm, no. Definitely not.
Original post by nexttime
Erm, no. Definitely not.

That was in my opinion
Original post by Coconutloverxx
That was in my opinion

I had not taken it to be fact don't worry.

Your opinion is wrong.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7

They require 5 A*s at GCSE and neither is easier they are both hard to get into even if you have A*A*A
Hey! In case you were still wondering I think I got more or less same grades as you- 999988877 w one of the 7s in English Lang- and from a high achieving school and I got an offer for Cambridge med this year! Can absolutely still be done!

Quick Reply

Latest