rohit_muthiah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
HI!

I just received my IGCSE grades and it was a bit lower than what I was expecting. I got 8 in History, Physics, Chemistry, Global Citizenship. 7 in Maths, English, Geography and 6 in Economics.

I'm planning to take Maths, Economics, Physics and History for A-level. Is this a good combination to study economics at uni? My only concern is I'm not taking further maths and will I be able to get into a russell group university like LSE or St Andrews considering I only have 8 GCSE subjects and not that stellar grades.

Thanks in advance!
CallMeJamesss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, I did only 5 GCSE back when they still use an old system and it was much worse than yours. I got A in Maths A*A in double science B in Sociology and C in English (after 3 attempts .) During, A-level I did not do further maths as well (biggest regret) but still got an offer Birmingham, Warwick, Manchester and Bristol to do Physics. One of my friend who did not do further maths or economics also got into bristol to do an economics degree. You are way overqualified provided you do well during A-level, be nice to your teacher for a good reference and has a strong personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate