Col679
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I have been referred for CBT for anxiety by my doctor twice. I have never called to arrange anything because 1) I hate making calls so put it off and before I know it months have gone by 2) I didn't think my anxiety was bad enough to seek this level of help.
I have recently been feeling very low and irritable. I'm also getting frustrated with people around me as I'm desperate for someone to notice I'm not ok. So I now feel I would benefit from CBT. It has been afew months since I was last referred, does anyone know if i could still ring them or if I would need to go back to the doctors to be referred again. Really wish I'd just grown a pair and got this done earlier.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ring them, or ask if someone can be there and even make the call on your behalf. A lot of places you can even self refer for CBT. If too much time has passed they will tell you.

It does sound like a fault in the system making you ring up when that could be one of your anxieties.............

Good luck
Vibration
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Col679)
Hi, I have been referred for CBT for anxiety by my doctor twice. I have never called to arrange anything because 1) I hate making calls so put it off and before I know it months have gone by 2) I didn't think my anxiety was bad enough to seek this level of help.
I have recently been feeling very low and irritable. I'm also getting frustrated with people around me as I'm desperate for someone to notice I'm not ok. So I now feel I would benefit from CBT. It has been afew months since I was last referred, does anyone know if i could still ring them or if I would need to go back to the doctors to be referred again. Really wish I'd just grown a pair and got this done earlier.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hi , when you wake up just give them a ring , they will be happy to help and guide you. That is why they are there and also is very good that you seem to look forward to it as you will have greater results because you want to put the effort into your recovery. You will feel great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.59%
Pop (164)
24.59%
Jazz (26)