moonlight01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i’m going into year 11 soon and i got a level 2 in my mocks. i tried since year 7 but i just don’t ever do well in english and idk what to do. does anyone know any good revision techniques or tutors in london?
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finally someone who i can help!!!! I got a Grade 1 in my English Literature mock in October of Year 11 and a 2 in February. Guess who came out with a Grade 9 in the summer, and 59/60 on Paper 1 - anyways this isn’t to boast but to show that it IS possible to turn it around. Same with English language I was consistently a Grade 3 up until Easter but came out with an 8. Please private message me I WANT TO HELP❤️
Alicehunter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by moonlight01)
i’m going into year 11 soon and i got a level 2 in my mocks. i tried since year 7 but i just don’t ever do well in english and idk what to do. does anyone know any good revision techniques or tutors in london?
Hi, this was the same for me during GCSE year and I always ended up with a level 3 when we did exams in class. In order to help I found getting a few revision guides very helpful and rewriting notes- ask your teacher which revision guides to buy. I also tried to read a lot in my spare time which helped expand my vocabulary etc. There’s also good websites to use online like BBC GCSE Bitesize and YouTube videos such as Mr Bruff. In the end I got a 8 in English literature and a 7 in English language and went on to get a B in A level so don’t worry it will come to you eventually
MehranS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This was sort of me too, I used to get 3/4 in mocks in year 10. I turned out with 2 grade 9s, just revise properly and think outside the box, dont say what others will say. Gl
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have gotten A* (grade nine) in both english literature and language since year seven what I say is that when it comes to exams just write like you're posh and try your best to sound sophisticated, and I tend to waffle a bit too. Just waffle and write smart. (going into year 11 too and im so scared about maths and physics lool)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads