The Student Room Group

Knickers

My mum can be a ***** at times- basically I wear normal cotton knickers and the other day my mum said that I need new ones because when I have a boyfriend ‘they won’t make the cut’ like wtf like I’m going to wear uncomfortable lace knickers just to impress, I don’t usually get annoyed about this sort of thing but does anyone actually give a ****? Plus not being funny but why do women have to wear sexy lingerie and men don’t? I don’t care personally as I care more about the person than their underwear.
Thoughts please!
You wear what you want to. That's fine. I think you should consider a few things:

could she be using something like this as a way of getting the two of you talking about boys/growing up/sex?

could she be laying some subtle groundwork that when you go knickers shopping something more adult is ok?

as a bloke I really appreciate nice knickers on a girl. My partner says she feels so much better in nice knickers, especially a matching set. Lifts her whole mood. More than just knickers

At least give them a try - my other half finds them equally as comfortable.

Many women have a preference for underwear in their partner - I have changed my choices due to partner's preference.

I really feel you are over-reacting
Original post by Anonymous
My mum can be a ***** at times- basically I wear normal cotton knickers and the other day my mum said that I need new ones because when I have a boyfriend ‘they won’t make the cut’ like wtf like I’m going to wear uncomfortable lace knickers just to impress, I don’t usually get annoyed about this sort of thing but does anyone actually give a ****? Plus not being funny but why do women have to wear sexy lingerie and men don’t? I don’t care personally as I care more about the person than their underwear.
Thoughts please!

You show her! So much for female solidarity...
Wear what you like.

I personally find standard cotton briefs childish-looking and unattractive, so I see your mother's point. But at the same time it's not like she's the one who has to wear them so it doesn't matter.
Original post by Anonymous
Thoughts please!

Wear what you want. Your mum is allowed her opinion on underwear but that doesn't mean you have to do what she wants you to do.
Reply 5
Men get blown out too, for wearing Y fronts apparently
Nice that she's looking out for your interests. She wants you to get pounded.

Quick Reply

Latest