The Student Room Group

A Level Resits or Foundation Year

I’ll be brief, I got a BCD at A Level and I have never been so humbled and disappointed. I went through clearing and got a place at Aston to do a foundation year in business which if I excelled in, I could then go on to do an Economics degree (my desired degree).
But my head is really at UoBirmingham and Loughborough.
Would you guys recommend going Aston or working hard and doing the resits? Bare in mind one of my a levels can’t be resat so I’d have to replace it with another A Level - either Maths OR economics which I’d have to do in a year independently with online courses and maybe tutors but no college.

Also is Aston decent for Economics?

I really need help, it’s a real predicament
Aston looks decent certainly from the rankings it’s 23rd, I’d only recommend re-sitting if ur aware of what went wrong and how you could improve
i know personally if i hadnt been able to get into my firm (loughborough) i wouldve resat because i know i wouldnt have been happy anywhere else. its all down to how you feel about aston. go wherever you’ll be happiest, and at the end of the day resitting and getting high grades isnt going to hurt - its going to benefit you. but if you don’t want to spend more time on a levels, do the foundation year and hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest