Isobeldace
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I’m starting a level chemistry a week on Monday and it’s safe to say I’ve forgot everything since the GCSEs. Does anyone know of a useful website or YouTube videos which summarises it or anything to refresh my brain since I binned all my gcse revision(smart I know)
CallMeJamesss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
DW, when A-level start your teacher should go over the basic anyway. I started my A-level forgetting all my GCSE knowledge as well cause I dropped out for 2 years. But if you want to prepare I recommend study ahead on your textbook and further google the parts that require prior knowledge for you to understand.
Isobeldace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you!
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you do GCSE chemistry or combined science? If you did chemistry, the first couple of months will be easy anyway because there isn’t that much new stuff.
Isobeldace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
@dancer2001 wait can you even tag people on this lol anyway sorry for late answer and I did combined
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Then I would definitely recommend learning the GCSE Chemistry content. If you did combined, you can still do well at A level, but it makes the first year harder because there is more new stuff. If you just type ‘gcse chemistry’ into YouTube, lots of videos on different topics will come up. Most of them will be familiar, but it will remind you of it all and introduce any new ideas.
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Isobeldace)
So I’m starting a level chemistry a week on Monday and it’s safe to say I’ve forgot everything since the GCSEs. Does anyone know of a useful website or YouTube videos which summarises it or anything to refresh my brain since I binned all my gcse revision(smart I know)
you wont need much of ur chem gcse notes tbh watch how ur gonna be introduced to a whole new world lol, uhm keep some of the organic stuff, just basics yh? good luck its my fav subject by far dont let new content overwhelm you. USE SNAPREVISE!!!!!!
Isobeldace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PrazzPrazz)
you wont need much of ur chem gcse notes tbh watch how ur gonna be introduced to a whole new world lol, uhm keep some of the organic stuff, just basics yh? good luck its my fav subject by far dont let new content overwhelm you. USE SNAPREVISE!!!!!!
Thank you so much!
Isobeldace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dancer2001)
Then I would definitely recommend learning the GCSE Chemistry content. If you did combined, you can still do well at A level, but it makes the first year harder because there is more new stuff. If you just type ‘gcse chemistry’ into YouTube, lots of videos on different topics will come up. Most of them will be familiar, but it will remind you of it all and introduce any new ideas.
Thank you! I have Wednesdays off so I’m gonna start looking through content today I think, especially organic stuff as the other fella said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (230)
58.38%
No (138)
35.03%

Watched Threads