The Student Room Group

offer and acceptance

At his campus office, Bob views an online advertisement on Gumtree offering a second hand iphone 6 for sale at RM 300.00. The advertisement contains the seller’s name, Cecil, and an address in Maze Hill. Thinking that this will be an ideal replacement for his aging iphone 4, after work, he visits the seller at his address. Cecil answers the door, to be greeted by Bob who says, ‘thanks, here’s your RM 300.00, I’ll take the iphone now’. Cecil doesn’t want to sell the iphone to Bob, as five minutes earlier he had a call from Tania, his mother, offering RM350.00 for the iphone. Bob came to you for advice. Determine whether there is an offer and acceptance made between both, Bob and Cecil.I hope some of you can help me :'(
1. Why is this in mobile phones? This should be in the law study forum
2. People aren't going to do your work for you, it's fair enough if you had a specific query but you'll have to work out the problem question for yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by sandy12122
At his campus office, Bob views an online advertisement on Gumtree offering a second hand iphone 6 for sale at RM 300.00. The advertisement contains the seller’s name, Cecil, and an address in Maze Hill. Thinking that this will be an ideal replacement for his aging iphone 4, after work, he visits the seller at his address. Cecil answers the door, to be greeted by Bob who says, ‘thanks, here’s your RM 300.00, I’ll take the iphone now’. Cecil doesn’t want to sell the iphone to Bob, as five minutes earlier he had a call from Tania, his mother, offering RM350.00 for the iphone. Bob came to you for advice. Determine whether there is an offer and acceptance made between both, Bob and Cecil.I hope some of you can help me :'(

Original post by MidgetFever
1. Why is this in mobile phones? This should be in the law study forum
2. People aren't going to do your work for you, it's fair enough if you had a specific query but you'll have to work out the problem question for yourself.

But I don't want study law my course is hotel and management i don't know why i have to take law subject :frown:
Original post by sandy12122
But I don't want study law my course is hotel and management i don't know why i have to take law subject :frown:

Even so, since this is essentially a contract law question, you're going to find a lot more help in the law study forum.

Contracts are essential to management as you're running a business and essentially creating contracts with all of your customers. Best way to avoid contract claims from customers is to know how they work.
This is the very basic of contract law. You will have been taught all the information you need to answer this question.

I'm feeling helpful today so please look at; invitation to treat and what that means, can they reject the ''acceptance'' and sell it to another person.
Are you being examined on a contract formed in England?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending