aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#1
So basically got a verbal and written offer on results day when I phoned the clearing hotlines..it is now the 24th. I have been calling through out the week, not everyday - once on Saturday and again on Wednesday - on Wednesday they informed that there was a huge backlog and that many applicants were still waiting. There was one person who wasn't told that they might not hear till next week.

But I emailed the admissions department for the first time yesterday morning instead of calling the hotline, it had been 2 days since my last call - just for a quick update as I had been waiting for over a week and I have seen many people already have their confirmation on TSR who were waiting like me. They got back to me and asked for a copy of my certificate/transcript of my FY at another university and that they were unable to process my application without it but I had not gotten any correspondence regarding this. I sent this off yesterday ASAP.

My concerns:
- should i be worried or are they genuinely busy ( is there a chance they are waiting this long to reject me? ) ?
- has anyone ever been rejected from a clearing offer
- my condition was only to add it in track within 48 hours...
- they have sent me emails about "welcome to your uni" and "congratulations on your provisional offer" last week but no actual 'confirmation' yet

I might potentially lose my place at my current uni as my programme leader who gave my reference submitted an intention to leave/withdraw even though I didn't ask them. what if i don't get into my new uni? HELP. I'm scared about becoming uni-less but I really wasn't happy at my current uni and I got high grades in my foundation year...
Last edited by aspiringbiomedic; 4 weeks ago
0
reply
Bazyli
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
#2
Report 4 weeks ago
#2
(Original post by aspiringbiomedic)
So basically got a verbal and written offer on results day when I phoned the clearing hotlines..it is now the 24th. I have been calling through out the week, not everyday - once on Saturday and again on Wednesday - on Wednesday they informed that there was a huge backlog and that many applicants were still waiting. There was one person who wasn't told that they might not hear till next week.

But I emailed the admissions department for the first time yesterday morning instead of calling the hotline, it had been 2 days since my last call - just for a quick update as I had been waiting for over a week and I have seen many people already have their confirmation on TSR who were waiting like me. They got back to me and asked for a copy of my certificate/transcript of my FY at another university and that they were unable to process my application without it but I had not gotten any correspondence regarding this. I sent this off yesterday ASAP.

My concerns:
- should i be worried or are they genuinely busy ( is there a chance they are waiting this long to reject me? ) ?
- has anyone ever been rejected from a clearing offer
- my condition was only to add it in track within 48 hours...
- they have sent me emails about "welcome to your uni" and "congratulations on your provisional offer" last week but no actual 'confirmation' yet

I might potentially lose my place at my current uni as my programme leader who gave my reference submitted an intention to leave/withdraw even though I didn't ask them. what if i don't get into my new uni? HELP. I'm scared about becoming uni-less but I really wasn't happy at my current uni and I got high grades in my foundation year...
0
reply
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#3
(Original post by Bazyli)
what? (:
0
reply
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#4
Bump- any advice?
0
reply
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
#5
Report 4 weeks ago
#5
If you have a written offer and what you told them matches your certificate/transcript they have no reason to reject you. I had to wait 10 days (applied just before a level results day) for track to up date and to get confirmation after my clearing offer as they had so many applications to match up results with. I know it’s stressful but try not to panic
Last edited by HobbinsE; 4 weeks ago
1
reply
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#6
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#6
(Original post by HobbinsE)
If you have a written offer and what you told them matches your certificate/transcript they have no reason to reject you. I had to wait 10 days for track to up date and to get confirmation after my clearing offer as they had so many applications to match up results with. I know it’s stressful but try not to panic
Thanks for sharing your experience, it is good to know people who are or have been in similar experiences. I take it you do Biomed too?
I will try to relax more, there is still a bit of time before courses start in September so that’s going to keep my grounded. I have sent the transcript off already. Now I will just have to wait.
0
reply
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
#7
Report 4 weeks ago
#7
(Original post by aspiringbiomedic)
Thanks for sharing your experience, it is good to know people who are or have been in similar experiences. I take it you do Biomed too?
I will try to relax more, there is still a bit of time before courses start in September so that’s going to keep my grounded. I have sent the transcript off already. Now I will just have to wait.
I actually applied for marine biology after doing an access course. I get how stressful it is waiting best to try and distract yourself a little bit if you can
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads

View All
Latest
My Feed