What A- levels are best for becoming a midwife? Watch

PurpleArmy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I recently just picked my A - levels i want to study at college, however i was unable to pick biology because i didn't do as well as i could. So, i ended up picking English lit and English lang as well as geology and psychology. Can i still apply for a midwife course in UoB with these A- Levels? Are there any other subjects i should have chosen over geology?
taurus_queen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Psychology should be fine. If you wanted to change geology pick sociology
Last edited by taurus_queen; 3 weeks ago
goatslayer2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Midwifery degree courses usually require three A levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications, in addition to GCSEs and evidence of literacy and numeracy. A levels or level 3 qualifications in the sciences tend to be preferred, and some universities require a qualification in biology.
These were the requirements I found - (biology, chemistry, algebra I/II, physics, statistics, and psychology)
PurpleArmy
Rep:
?
(Original post by goatslayer2)
Midwifery degree courses usually require three A levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications, in addition to GCSEs and evidence of literacy and numeracy. A levels or level 3 qualifications in the sciences tend to be preferred, and some universities require a qualification in biology.
These were the requirements I found - (biology, chemistry, algebra I/II, physics, statistics, and psychology)
Thank you for your help. Do you think I could still get in with just chemistry and psychology?
PurpleArmy
Rep:
?
(Original post by taurus_queen)
Psychology should be fine. If you wanted to change geology pick sociology
Thank you for you help.
goatslayer2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Umm I'm not sure and I think it's safer to do around 3 subjects if you could because it widens your range in case you change your mind and it helps if you're unsure. Most of these university sites just require you to do a "science", I searched around a bit, they say biology will be required by some but I think chemistry or biology and psychology will be fine to be honest.

This university in manchester says:
ABB including a science (e.g. Biology or Chemistry). Applicants who are not studying biology or chemistry A level may apply if they are studying another relevant subject (e.g. Psychology, Sociology or Geography). A typical offer for applicants studying a related subject not including biology or chemistry are set at AAB. Please contact admissions office to ask about other relevant subjects.
goatslayer2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PurpleArmy)
Thank you for your help. Do you think I could still get in with just chemistry and psychology?
I think you'll be fine with the two but if you can and you are confident in yourself go for another subject. And no worrieesss
PurpleArmy
Rep:
?
(Original post by goatslayer2)
Umm I'm not sure and I think it's safer to do around 3 subjects if you could because it widens your range in case you change your mind and it helps if you're unsure. Most of these university sites just require you to do a "science", I searched around a bit, they say biology will be required by some but I think chemistry or biology and psychology will be fine to be honest.

This university in manchester says:
ABB including a science (e.g. Biology or Chemistry). Applicants who are not studying biology or chemistry A level may apply if they are studying another relevant subject (e.g. Psychology, Sociology or Geography). A typical offer for applicants studying a related subject not including biology or chemistry are set at AAB. Please contact admissions office to ask about other relevant subjects.
Ok. That makes me feel much better, thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?