Enrollment day for college/sixth form.

Watch
IcyCoffee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
What happens on enrollment day? Do I need an NI number to enroll(mine hasn't arrived yet)? Do I need to take ID? Should I take my parents? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Last edited by IcyCoffee; 7 months ago
Isinglass
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Silly question, possibly, but haven't you had a letter or an email telling you what you need to take with you?

I would start with your results slip and some form of ID, such as your passport (or provisional driving licence, if you have one). You shouldn't need a parent with you, but if you are moving to college / a new school for sixth form, make sure that you know details such the name and address of your GP, an emergency contact other than your patent(s) etc,as these things may be asked.
xY.mpj.Tx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Your NI number is only for job interviews I’m pretty sure? Most colleges ask you bring some form of ID (e.g passport) and your results to check eligibility.
I’m not bringng my parents as I’m almost certain you’re there for two hours just to finalise choices, meet your study tutors ( in a lot of SFs and Colleges but not all) and get your College ID, travel info if you need to take college buses or trains , loads of other forms which your college will have or will give you and that’s about it.
IcyCoffee
Rep:
?
Would you say that I most definitely need some form of ID?, because it's just hit me that I have no form of ID as of right now. I don't have a passport, or anything else really. I've just turned 16 and am yet to receive my NI number also because there was some sort of problem with it, and it's going to be like another 2 weeks until I get it.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Are you going to a new sixth form or college? I didn’t have to do any “enrolment” or anything like that at my sixth form.
Dancer2001
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You will usually only need your GCSE results, and you can go on your own or bring a parent if you prefer.
Ali.maxwell
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by IcyCoffee)
Would you say that I most definitely need some form of ID?, because it's just hit me that I have no form of ID as of right now. I don't have a passport, or anything else really. I've just turned 16 and am yet to receive my NI number also because there was some sort of problem with it, and it's going to be like another 2 weeks until I get it.
I think a birth certificate will probably do then unless they absolutely need photo ID it's not necessary but wouldn't hurt to take ur parents with u if u want n they can
iamverydead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Enrollment day? Wasnt that few days ago tho?

Anyways, you need:
* Form of ID (i brought my passport)
* GCSEs Results
* Letter of the conditional offer (if applicable)
* Bank card for a possible deposit (if applicable)
IcyCoffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Are you going to a new sixth form or college? I didn’t have to do any “enrolment” or anything like that at my sixth form.
My school doesn’t have a sixth form so I have to go to college.

(Original post by iamverydead)
Enrollment day? Wasnt that few days ago tho?

Anyways, you need:
* Form of ID (i brought my passport)
* GCSEs Results
* Letter of the conditional offer (if applicable)
* Bank card for a possible deposit (if applicable)
Mine is on Wednesday.
Isinglass
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by IcyCoffee)
My school doesn’t have a sixth form so I have to go to college.

Mine is on Wednesday.
There will probably be someone there on Tuesday during office hours, so give them a call to check what you need to bring and advice on alternatives if they do ask for something that you don't have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (259)
33.9%
No (505)
66.1%

Watched Threads