The Student Room Group

A realistic journey:will I get into medicine and meet my dreams?

Scroll to see replies

aww no im sure it went better than you think! hope you're feeling less ill now
Original post by mez_merising
aww no im sure it went better than you think! hope you're feeling less ill now

Thanks yeah I am. You’re year 13 aren’t you? What are you planning on doing at uni?
Original post by DGeorge13
Thanks yeah I am. You’re year 13 aren’t you? What are you planning on doing at uni?

nope im not quite there yet only just started y12 eek and hopefully medicine!

Don’t worry tear 12 isn’t too bad and doesn’t get much harder - hows your gyg going?

Well done with your gyg last year
Hi can i get a few tips or better revision techniques for how to get the amazing grades you got at gcse please
Did my test and it was horrible. My teacher said at the end I know that it’s a challenging test so...
I thought they were going to say they’d give the grade boundaries but they said they were giving us all extra time?

Ah... use my technique. When they offer a challenging role to test your abilities say np... I have a challenging personality to test your patience, hehe. Love the cat btw... British shorthair?
Original post by Vinny C
Ah... use my technique. When they offer a challenging role to test your abilities say np... I have a challenging personality to test your patience, hehe. Love the cat btw... British shorthair?

Yes British shorthair
Yes British shorthair

Yay... I know my cats.
Original post by Red_Revolver
Hi can i get a few tips or better revision techniques for how to get the amazing grades you got at gcse please

Basically for me:
3*30 minute sessions on top of homework a night and 3 hours a day at weekends in year 10 with 4.5 hours a weekend in the first bit of year 11 then upping the evening revision to 3 hours a night in the work.
Bio and chemistry - notes on content as I went then literally memorising cgp (sorry it’s not more interesting) and all exam questions
Physics - Seneca learning and bitesize for content then the same as above (I didn’t really get physics so did heaps more exam questions)
English literature - I literally just learned quotes and context and never memorised answers but others did look at techniques and ideas
English language - have one story that’s adaptable to everything and literally just plan exam timings and practise questions
History - I made timelines and memorised them then planned timings for exams and memorised that which included techniques used on my full mark answers in mocks
Geography- my teacher made revision guides and I literally just memorised everything
Maths / past paper questions but I genuinely never revised it as I had no time
Spanish - memerise for vocab then speaking practise with family but just making it up as I went along really
Re - RAG sheets with all spec sheets cross referenced and then learned them all with quotes and exam questions memorised for techniques and timings but not practise
Yes British shorthair

So many think the pattern defines the breed but it's the build.
I got an a in my maths test - I’m not ungrateful but a bit crushed I didn’t get an a* as I am predicted one and lost it by forgetting to bracket one number in differentiating something which cost me five marks. Luckily my college post shadow papers so I can have another fo
Don’t worry tear 12 isn’t too bad and doesn’t get much harder - hows your gyg going?

hmm we'll see..and it's going pretty well! would you like a tag in my next post?
Well done with your gyg last year

ahh thank you so much! :h:
I got an a in my maths test - I’m not ungrateful but a bit crushed I didn’t get an a* as I am predicted one and lost it by forgetting to bracket one number in differentiating something which cost me five marks. Luckily my college post shadow papers so I can have another fo

grr that's a shame but the important thing is you know you can do better and im pretty sure you'll smash it in the real thing!
ahh thank you so much! :h:

Yes please for the tag.
grr that's a shame but the important thing is you know you can do better and im pretty sure you'll smash it in the real thing!

Yeah I mean I wouldn’t complain if I got an a as that is all you need for med at the end of the day and for my first choice if I got in it would be 3bs because contextual offers but I’m a bit of a perfectionist so...
Basically for me:
3*30 minute sessions on top of homework a night and 3 hours a day at weekends in year 10 with 4.5 hours a weekend in the first bit of year 11 then upping the evening revision to 3 hours a night in the work.
Bio and chemistry - notes on content as I went then literally memorising cgp (sorry it’s not more interesting) and all exam questions
Physics - Seneca learning and bitesize for content then the same as above (I didn’t really get physics so did heaps more exam questions)
English literature - I literally just learned quotes and context and never memorised answers but others did look at techniques and ideas
English language - have one story that’s adaptable to everything and literally just plan exam timings and practise questions
History - I made timelines and memorised them then planned timings for exams and memorised that which included techniques used on my full mark answers in mocks
Geography- my teacher made revision guides and I literally just memorised everything
Maths / past paper quetstions but I genuinely never revised it as I had no time
Spanish - memerise for vocab then speaking practise with family but just making it up as I went along really
Re - RAG sheets with all spec sheets cross referenced and then learned them all with quotes and exam questions memorised for techniques and timings but not practise

thxs for the tips
Update time: 3rd week back complete only 4 until half term34 until study leave and 43 to go!

Biology
This week in biology we looked at nutrient cycles and eutrophication. The content isn’t too bad and we are starting respiration soon. I’m not yet worried about content although the memorising of it all is going to be the death of me as it’s worrying me a bit. We had a test this week too which I’m not sure how it went it I’m slightly apprehensive 😬 about getting my result back from that as I think I made some interesting mistakes.
At home I’ve gone through topics 11,13,19,2,8 this week and I’ve got 5,9,10 to do tomorrow to catch up for being ill- I could show you my notes but they are pretty atrocious so I don’t think we need to do that...

Chemistry
This week we finished off our acids and buffers topic and just have the last of PAG 11 left to do on Monday before we have a revision lesson and move onto chapter 22 - it’s really scary how close we’re getting to chapter 29 and we’re scheduled to finish the course in February which is tense.
I went over module 4 and 5 this week so just have to check module 4 and then next week I’ll look at module 3 and do some exam practice.

Maths
We started chain rule in differentiation this week - so far second year trig and differentiation have been fine and not actually as bad as I thought they would be . On the other hand, I had my test and I am not ashamed to admit I’m a perfectionist so getting an a really got me down as I made some really bad sill mistakes so I suppose I’ll just have to move forward and try harder there then.

Epq
Just a couple of sources to go and I can begin writing and I want my essay done in half term as that would be really nice

Random life stuff
I had my second driving lesson and got up to 10 miles an hour and managed a few turns as well as parked cars and other traffic which was pleasing but not that much to report here apart from the fact I definitely improved from my first lesson.
So worried about my biology test as I think I did so badly and my maths is really bugging me - I hope my teacher posts the shadow papers soon so I can remediate my errors to improve
Got biology back and just dropped into a b 🤯. Not really sure how as I went over everything before - I need to somehow sort myself out. My teachers don’t seem concerned which is really bugging me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending