meggymou
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I enjoy geography, but also art textiles and theatre studies. Would I be able to take a geography degree with these other two A level choices? I could change to Biology A level but would much prefer Art Textiles
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
yes you'll be fine for most universities. competitive courses may discount your other two a levels as they're not traditional (see here http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...y-Requirements ) but not necessarily
meggymou
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
yes you'll be fine for most universities. competitive courses may discount your other two a levels as they're not traditional (see here http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...y-Requirements ) but not necessarily
Thanks. At 16 I am just unsure about my choices. I love Geography and Drama but I feel it would be hard for me to get a high grade in Biology (7 at GCSE), wheras I enjoy textiles more. I am at a grammar school and most of my friends are stying sciences with a view to go into medicine, but I dont know what I want to do. Something Gepgraphy related or Drama related.I went to a 6th form college open day as an option and the head of Art (including textiles) said it was becoming a more recognised A level. I would have to leave my friends to start 6th form or I could stay at my school and do Biology.
meggymou
Rep:
?
(Original post by rjckk)
I think geography, is more useful
By the way,are you boy or girl?
Do you study well?
I study well. I am a girl. I got an 7 in geog but my teacher said its down to my exam technique not my knowledge or work ethic and he would help me improve on that. I got an 8 in Drama but there is only 3 of us applied to do Drama at my school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads