How is the law school in Queen Mary University
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Xuanyun)
How is the law school in Queen Mary University
Queen Mary is a decent Law school, not as good as UCL/LSE/Kings but better than many others. Do you think you will meet their entry requirements and are you able to attend an Open Day?
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
QMUL seems like a very good uni for med, which is why I was also curious about the other subjects
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
QMUL seems like a very good uni for med, which is why I was also curious about the other subjects
Forgot to use your alt account?
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Forgot to use your alt account?
what?
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
what?
Nothing, just make sure that you use the right login next time
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Nothing, just make sure that you use the right login next time
If you think I'm OP I'm not lol, I'm not the age for uni and I would've quoted the above user, and I wouldn't have used 'also' in my sentence. I wouldn't make another account just to ask if qmul is good for law?
username4911280
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Queen Mary's a decent university for law. It's generally lower than the Oxbridge/University Of London mob, but if you work hard on all the other areas of your application such as work experience, academic performance and extra curriculars then QMUL won't hold you back. As you can see from the study below (which as JohanGRK himself has pointed out isn't very good in its analysis but the figures are useful) Queen Mary graduates make on average £66,285 upon qualification as a lawyer (though of course the figure is high due to it's location).

https://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/wh...versities-2019
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _polaroid)
As you can see from the study below (which as JohanGRK himself has pointed out isn't very good in its analysis but the figures are useful) Queen Mary graduates make on average £66,285 upon qualification as a lawyer (though of course the figure is high due to it's location).

No

Only the ones who are currently trainees at the sort of commercial firms that are the subjects of CS's survey will eventually make this sum on qualification
The ones who graduated in 2011 and who are working made a median average of around £30k p.a. five years on (and this is only for the 95 law graduates on whom data is available - the income of the others is unknown) (https://public.tableau.com/profile/d...stSub2019/PAYE)

I wasn't commenting on this article. I was commenting on an article about private schools. If I were, I'd have made sure that you were aware of the two points above.
Last edited by JohanGRK; 3 weeks ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _polaroid)
Queen Mary's a decent university for law. It's generally lower than the Oxbridge/University Of London mob, but if you work hard on all the other areas of your application such as work experience, academic performance and extra curriculars then QMUL won't hold you back. As you can see from the study below (which as JohanGRK himself has pointed out isn't very good in its analysis but the figures are useful) Queen Mary graduates make on average £66,285 upon qualification as a lawyer (though of course the figure is high due to it's location).

That it is lower than Oxbridge really goes without saying and it's not lower than most University of London institutions, only UCL/LSE/Kings

k
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
That it is lower than Oxbridge really goes without saying and it's not lower than most University of London institutions, only UCL/LSE/Kings

k
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aaryra)
Don't know how that "k" got there - made it sound more edgy than I intended
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads