telkov
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was thinking of changing my current choices of bio, chem, geography and computer science by swapping computer science for history, but would the workload prove to be too much? I got 9s in all these subjects apart from computer science, in which I got an 8 despite getting 9s all year, but I've been having doubts about the subject since I chose it.
retajalshafeii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
History A level is a big big no. The workload is absolutely insane and the questions that came last year were nonsense. Thats what my friends told me at least. Considering you're taking biology i don't recommend you take such a heavy subject. Try Business, its a bunch of common sense and revising theories and methods. Also, why 4 A levels? Most top universities only require three. Don't put too much on your shoulders, it'll break your back.
telkov
Rep:
?
(Original post by retajalshafeii)
History A level is a big big no. The workload is absolutely insane and the questions that came last year were nonsense. Thats what my friends told me at least. Considering you're taking biology i don't recommend you take such a heavy subject. Try Business, its a bunch of common sense and revising theories and methods. Also, why 4 A levels? Most top universities only require three. Don't put too much on your shoulders, it'll break your back.
I was thinking along those lines anyway, I just needed more validation, so thanks.
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I definitely think a level computer science is less work than history. I have friends who took both.
telkov
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
I definitely think a level computer science is less work than history. I have friends who took both.
Do you mind me asking if they took OCR? And do you know how they found computer science overall?
Deggs_14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Biology and geography are all ready very heavy a levels with a lot of content and theories to learn. But hey that’s cool you’re doing a level geography and chemistry - I do both as well . History is a massive workload at a level, a lot of reading material and ages writing out notes and flashcards and quizlets and writing essays. Computer science is different and cool, try it and see if you like it! Good luck
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by telkov)
Do you mind me asking if they took OCR? And do you know how they found computer science overall?
I took aqa computer science and found it quite easy. Most of the topics are the same as gcse, but in slightly more detail. There is also more programming involved than at gcse. I didn’t take history but there was a lot of coursework and content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.09%
Disagree (4)
7.27%
Neither agree or disagree (16)
29.09%
Agree (19)
34.55%
Strongly Agree (11)
20%

Watched Threads