Zyloo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, i wanted to ask a but more about the IB options but waited till my IGCSES came out

My two possible options changed a bit and ill put the grade i got in IGCSE beside the course.

My first option is taking HL Biology (9)- HL Chemistry (8)- HL Maths (A*)- SL Business (I didnt take business in IGCSE)

My second option is HL Physics (9)- HL Chemistry(8)- HL Maths(A*)- SL Business

Im good in all my subjects and have no idea what i want to become, which set of options do you think would be safer for me to take, since im not sure of my path.
pragbyte
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zyloo)
Hello, i wanted to ask a but more about the IB options but waited till my IGCSES came out

My two possible options changed a bit and ill put the grade i got in IGCSE beside the course.

My first option is taking HL Biology (9)- HL Chemistry (8)- HL Maths (A*)- SL Business (I didnt take business in IGCSE)

My second option is HL Physics (9)- HL Chemistry(8)- HL Maths(A*)- SL Business

Im good in all my subjects and have no idea what i want to become, which set of options do you think would be safer for me to take, since im not sure of my path.
Personally I would suggest the first option, as it would open up doors to a lot more subjects at university. The first option can lead to Biosciences/Medicine, Bioengineering, or Chemical Engineering, while the second option can lead to basically any branch of engineering, as well as physical sciences (Physics, etc), and even unrelated disciplines like Economics or Computer Science. At the end of the day it really depends on your strengths, and what subjects you enjoy more.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would note you can do medicine without HL Biology (or biology at all), so the second set of options still has medicine as a possibility. Either way, most STEM courses otherwise are available with a foundation year somewhere for students who didn't take the right subjects, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Something to consider is that biology is very content heavy, whereas physics is more about learning principles and applying them. Consider how you learn and study best; do you do better at learning blocks of information for the exam, or in learning a set of principles and understanding how to apply those to different problems?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise